The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
nav,

u tellin me there was no shower curtain in the en-suite? or rod?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 21
kay0
nav,

u tellin me there was no shower curtain in the en-suite? or rod?

im sorry to be the bearer of bad news but - im afraid not dude

i was like AHHHHHHHH there is no shower tray, just a plug hole in the floor and a shower head (not even sure it is removeable)

but all the same... go buy a rod and curtain and hooks! and a mop, coz otherwise you'lll be sliding into the toilet. *******s - yet ANOTHER thing to add to the packing list... *goes to look for a MOP*
Reply 22
navd07
im sorry to be the bearer of bad news but - im afraid not dude

i was like AHHHHHHHH there is no shower tray, just a plug hole in the floor and a shower head (not even sure it is removeable)

but all the same... go buy a rod and curtain and hooks! and a mop, coz otherwise you'lll be sliding into the toilet. *******s - yet ANOTHER thing to add to the packing list... *goes to look for a MOP*

my daze. i cnt believe this. great dover st had shower curtains, so i dnt see y ssa cnt hav the same....
Reply 23
What colour(s) are the walls in the rooms Nav? I've just been on shopping spree number 2 to Ikea and bought some pretty purple curtains and pics etc... just hoping the walls aren't green or anything similarly clashy hehe.
Reply 24
Lauren18
What colour(s) are the walls in the rooms Nav? I've just been on shopping spree number 2 to Ikea and bought some pretty purple curtains and pics etc... just hoping the walls aren't green or anything similarly clashy hehe.

oh *******y hell i cant remember! im pretty sure they be creamy/magnolia... yeh actually! the one he showed us was deffo cream, had some paint taken away by Blu-tack!

i know i got me a little cream and chocolate brown style going down and the carpets and curtains are blue! oh well, you can all come to my room and laugh at my attempt to 'blend' :smile:

purple accessories sound cool - im so excited mate! eeeeeee! and ikea - the place to go i swear!
Reply 25
navd07
oh *******y hell i cant remember! im pretty sure they be creamy/magnolia... yeh actually! the one he showed us was deffo cream, had some paint taken away by Blu-tack!

i know i got me a little cream and chocolate brown style going down and the carpets and curtains are blue! oh well, you can all come to my room and laugh at my attempt to 'blend' :smile:

purple accessories sound cool - im so excited mate! eeeeeee! and ikea - the place to go i swear!

Thanks a lot hun... cream should be ok. In fact cream with a splash of purple and blue carpets sounds quite nice. I guess we're allowed to use blutak then... at least I hope so seeing as I've got lots of pics and photos to put up.

Cream and chocolate brown sounds cool.. just put some rugs on the floor to cover the blue! I'm excited too (although really really nervous) and Ikea really is the place to go hehe.
Doesn't sound like anything's changed since i was there. The floor in the shower/toilet bit is a horrible grainy texture. I hear it's fun trying to shave your legs in those little bathrooms, not that I've tried it of course.

The curtains are indeed blue and look about 50 years old. The walls are cream. And the previous poster wasn't lying about the size of the freezer compartment :laugh:
Reply 27
Kingspharm
Doesn't sound like anything's changed since i was there. The floor in the shower/toilet bit is a horrible grainy texture. I hear it's fun trying to shave your legs in those little bathrooms, not that I've tried it of course.

The curtains are indeed blue and look about 50 years old. The walls are cream. And the previous poster wasn't lying about the size of the freezer compartment :laugh:

indeed i tell no lie about the damn freezer - its luuuuuuuuuuuudicrous! oh well, i think it's funny :smile: i cant wait to find me some badass flatamtes woohoo - long live Captain Birdseye and his mighty frozen food range :biggrin:
Reply 28
well i think im the only proper chav goin to kcl whu'll b at ssa :/ bollox
Reply 29
Kilsomo

what do you mean by chav exactly?!? i could be a chav for all you know - thankfully im not but im open-minded kiddo - i shall see you THERE :wink:

be prepared... that's all i say
Reply 30
Kilsomo

Chav eh? Well then maybe youll feel more comfortable in the KCH in South London. My offer of a swap is still open :p:

heh
Reply 31
m0m4n
Chav eh? Well then maybe youll feel more comfortable in the KCH in South London. My offer of a swap is still open :p:

heh

some people will try anything ... :p:
Reply 32
navd07
some people will try anything ... :p:

Haha, anything to get me away from KCH! :biggrin:
Reply 33
m0m4n
Haha, anything to get me away from KCH! :biggrin:

lol whats wrong with KCH - is it really that scary?! i think it'll be great on the social side of things

i cant help worrying that im restriciting connections by going to SSA, i mean a flat with 4 to 9 people... how likely is it to get to know other people?

gah im just fretting - sorry the nerves are coming :biggrin: only 5 days left man! yeehah!

xxx
Reply 34
navd07
i cant help worrying that im restriciting connections by going to SSA, i mean a flat with 4 to 9 people... how likely is it to get to know other people?

Your course, Fresher's week, Night life, work, people you randomly meet in common areas, sports, hobbies, friends of friend, general going out etc. And if worse comes to worse, you can always select a random person and stalk him or her. Most preferably wearing an anorak, dark sunglasses, binoculars whilst carrying a notepad and camera.
Reply 35
JC87
Your course, Fresher's week, Night life, work, people you randomly meet in common areas, sports, hobbies, friends of friend, general going out etc. And if worse comes to worse, you can always select a random person and stalk him or her. Most preferably wearing an anorak, dark sunglasses, binoculars whilst carrying a notepad and camera.

lol that made me smile for many a reason - thankie you bro :wink:
Reply 36
navd07
lol that made me smile for many a reason - thankie you bro :wink:

No problem girlfriend!
Reply 37
navd07, thought all chav gals were dumn, nice to c sum chav has a bit of sense in them
Reply 38
LOL dumb* uhum ...neway ...:/
Reply 39
Kilsomo
navd07, thought all chav gals were dumn, nice to c sum chav has a bit of sense in them

im no chav you cheeky blighter! ill take it as a compliment that i represent a new cleverer, wittier and prettier race of Chav though :biggrin: and shhh, i wont highlight the typo if you dont......... oops you already did :biggrin:

Latest