The Student Room Group

Studying Human Biology at uni? 'easy option'??

Well, im studying my A levels atm and we've just been signed up to UCAS today (omg it looks soo scary).
I've been to a couple of open days with my dad, im interested in studying human biology cos i love the human body/function and health and disease. But my dad thinks its the 'easy option' as he believes that something like 'medical science' 'biomedical science' or 'biochemistry' would put me forward in the career aspects.
However, biochemistry is seriously out of the question as im not doing Chemistry at AS or A level, as im completely rubbish at it...but will that affect me for medical science or biomedical science? I feel my only other option from human biology is medical science.
I feel i want to work in a hospital when im older, or something similar..but im not completely sure!
any advice? i dont want to do human biology then feel i should of done something else.
I could have written that myself. Unfortunately, im not driven and dont bother asking these questions and so am taking a gap year this year.

Im sure my human bi teacher told me biomedical science contains some chemistry... (Which wud eff me up)
I do physiology at Bristol, which is a fairly similar course to human biology. It's not an easy option at all. You should study the course you want to do, don't let your dad influence you into doing a course you don't want to do.
Reply 3
Biochem. is just a branch of biomedicine so will have the same chemistry requirements. I agree with the poster above something liike physiology would be good. Or you could apply biology and pick courses that have concentrate on human biology I know Lancaster do biology with biomedcine which doesn't require chem or at least they did when I applied in '08.

Latest

Trending

Trending