The Student Room Group

What to do at Uni?

Currently just finished my first year at Sixth Form, studying Maths, Chemistry, Physics and Geography. After this year, will probably be dropping either Chemistry or Physics depending on results. I really enjoy Maths and Geography, and both Chemistry and Physics have their ups and downs with some parts of each course being much more interesting than other parts.

So basically what I want to know is, what courses do these subjects open me up to? I'm looking for a course that has good graduate employment and starting salary. I have looked at courses such as Chemical Engineering and Civil Engineering, but to be honest need more info on each of them so if anybody could shed any light there that would be great :smile:

Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
ekul
Currently just finished my first year at Sixth Form, studying Maths, Chemistry, Physics and Geography. After this year, will probably be dropping either Chemistry or Physics depending on results. I really enjoy Maths and Geography, and both Chemistry and Physics have their ups and downs with some parts of each course being much more interesting than other parts.

So basically what I want to know is, what courses do these subjects open me up to? I'm looking for a course that has good graduate employment and starting salary. I have looked at courses such as Chemical Engineering and Civil Engineering, but to be honest need more info on each of them so if anybody could shed any light there that would be great :smile:

Thanks in advance.

If your doing Engineering you would be at an advantage keeping Physics as that would be more relevant.
Reply 2
Basically what Jelly said.

Plus, physics at A2 gets more interesting (and this is coming from a guy who couldn't stand physics AS at all). :yep:
Reply 3
Ok thanks for the advice guys.

Plus, physics at A2 gets more interesting (and this is coming from a guy who couldn't stand physics AS at all).

What exam board were you on?
Reply 4
Edexcel :yep:

Latest

Trending

Trending