The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
You can still be our honourary Swiss. After all, you've lived there long enough to know the ways of the land of mountains, bank accounts and Heidi^^
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 41
geneva_debs
ah yes, switzerland, the land of chocolate fountains... :rolleyes: lol, what difference does that make??? (and im not swiss btw *have to make that clear*)

Hehe, it was just a vast stereotypicalisation of Swiss people made in Jest. :smile:
I DON'T WANNA BE THE HONOURARY SWISS!! Lol, I've spent the last 13 years being non-Swiss and going to International Schools, and I'm not gonna become Swiss when I move to England lol! (What would my parents say?!)
Rivey
Hehe, it was just a vast stereotypicalisation of Swiss people made in Jest. :smile:

"Made in Jest" ... sounds like something you'd read on the bottom of a mcdonalds toy :p:
Mais je ne suis pas Suisse alors jest away!
Reply 44
geneva_debs
"Made in Jest" ... sounds like something you'd read on the bottom of a mcdonalds toy :p:

That would be Taiwan... :wink:
Reply 45
geneva_debs
I DON'T WANNA BE THE HONOURARY SWISS!! Lol, I've spent the last 13 years being non-Swiss and going to International Schools, and I'm not gonna become Swiss when I move to England lol! (What would my parents say?!)

Beware - the more you deny something, the more likely you are to get a related nickname.... Swissy :wink:
Reply 46
Sgt.Fox
Beware - the more you deny something, the more likely you are to get a related nickname.... Swissy :wink:

Oh, that's how it works?

Right, in which case, I'm not a cool dude.

"Haha, you're now the cool dude"

Result!
Reply 47
Rivey
Oh, that's how it works?

Right, in which case, I'm not a cool dude.

"Haha, you're now the cool dude"

Result!

Yeah, apart from the fact that people will be sarcastic when they say it :wink:...

... you have much to learn :p: .
Reply 48
This is hard. :wink:
Sgt.Fox

i'd get a weird nickname anyways...swissy is prob better than "half brit half dutchy"
Reply 50
geneva_debs
i'd get a weird nickname anyways...swissy is prob better than "half brit half dutchy"

"Ik ben een stinkende aap"

:biggrin:
Rivey
"Ik ben een stinkende aap"

:biggrin:

I'll make sure to warn the others... :p:
welk soort aap bent u?
As a follow up to the various comments about Lemar etc...In a whole different league from Lemar was Alan 'Fletch' Fletcher TV's own Karl Kennedy...the man is a God! So RHUL's brushes with shleb-dom aren't always too bad.

Best

James

(2nd year Drama student for those interested)
Reply 53
geneva_debs
I'll make sure to warn the others... :p:
welk soort aap bent u?

My Dutch is limited to "I am a smelly monkey", unfortunately. :smile:
Reply 54
illusions4u
As a follow up to the various comments about Lemar etc...In a whole different league from Lemar was Alan 'Fletch' Fletcher TV's own Karl Kennedy...the man is a God! So RHUL's brushes with shleb-dom aren't always too bad.

Best

James

(2nd year Drama student for those interested)

He came to RHUL? I watch far too much Neighbours for my own good so would have been interested to see that... :redface:
Reply 55
Rivey

I've always found that a very useful thing to be able to say when abroad... :stupid:
Rivey

oh dear....well i guess you learn the sentences that are most useful to you...
Reply 57
Heh, long, LONG story.
involving a monkey, some cheese and a bicycle (cuz if its related to holland there must be a bicycle involved) ?? :p:
Reply 59
Haha. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending