The Student Room Group

Anyone use Moleskine notebooks here?

I have one and love it. I use it sometimes as a diary, to write down things I have learnt/ things that are interesting, and just general ideas I have. They are really expensive, but I think thats one of the reasons why I use it lots - make sure I get my money's worth. I wrote an article on them here by the way http://manifestedmarketing.wordpress.com/

So does anyone else use Moleskine notebooks? Because they are popular among the literary types.

Scroll to see replies

Oddly enough I'm looking at getting a Moleskine Passion (Books) at the moment for my reading journal. I'm starting an MA in professional writing in Jan so need to get some proper thoughts down on paper.

Not going to buy til I've seen it in real life though. Do you know if the books are full hardback, or are they that flexi-hard jacket?
they def. look awesome, but i cant see why I'd need one over a standard notebook
it doesn't justify the cost
Reply 3
I would have picked one if they had more pages. I could not get hold of something thicket than a hundred of pages that had lines and was a bit disappointed, tbh.
Reply 4
ghost_writer
Oddly enough I'm looking at getting a Moleskine Passion (Books) at the moment for my reading journal. I'm starting an MA in professional writing in Jan so need to get some proper thoughts down on paper.

Not going to buy til I've seen it in real life though. Do you know if the books are full hardback, or are they that flexi-hard jacket?

More flexi-hard. They're not full-on hardback, but not full-on soft either, and the paper is really nice and soft. If you go to the usual Rymans, WHSmith, Waterstones or Blackwell, I'm pretty sure they all sell them so you can have a look.
I use one of their diaries, it's great and the pages have a great feel to them. I'm also using one of their sketchbooks as a scrapbook too. They're too expensive though, and I agree with whoever said they don't really justify the cost. But they feel so luxurious and like the OP says, you want to write in it more because you paid £15 for it!
Reply 6
I have so many notebooks/sketchbooks that I want to fill all those up before buying myself a Moleskine. They're gorgeous though, I'm not sure why.. but it's the curved page corners that I like best about them :smile:
Reply 7
I was given one by my school. But I lost it :holmes:
Reply 8
I did, but I used it.
I love 'em, but only for maths. (The lines are too close together for my writing)
I have a leather one, I don't like the feeling of moleskin :no:
Reply 11
I have the 18-month diary. I bought it from Amazon for around £9. Although I like it, I think there are better diaries out there for that price. Probably won't buy a Moleskine again once this one finishes, but if I did I would get a squared one.
Reply 12
I like the large size one with ruled pages. They are a nice size to carry around with you and the line spacing suits my handwriting. I use them as travel diaries.

My only regret is that they have become so popular. I've been using them for a long time and they've quadrupled in price since then.
Reply 13
I use the large sketchbook. I tend to pack everything in really tight though because of the cost.
Reply 14
Yeah I use them all the time, I use the large sketchbook the most, gone through a few of them, and I used the ruled one for a journal.

Waterstones has a 3 for 2 offer on them at the moment.
Reply 15
Toooooo expensive. So no. My sister did buy me one though, but it's a travel journal and has tons of useful stuff in it. I'd buy something similar, but never a blank one, because as said above, you can get more for your moolah elsewhere.
Whoa, that's a lot of money for a notepad (and I thought Paperchase was bad!).

Do they justify the cost?
ghost_writer

So what do you do in that? Is the book purely a record of what you've read? Just curious, hope that didn't come across rude or anything :smile:
I love the look of them. But I just can't scrounge the pennies to afford them!
Reply 19
I am an American and I looooove Moleskine.

I pronounce it "mol-sh-kyne". :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending