The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Student Village VS Hall Of Residence??

well i need to apply for some sort of accomidation for next year and i just wanted to know what people thought about the student village it seems quite cheap and kooks ok but halls might be more social? im looking for the place with the best social side as i want to make as much friends as i can while im in manchester as im comming all the way from birmingham

2011 student <3
I'm moving to MSV in September. My mate lived there in her first year but she didn't make any long lasting mates in her flat. There are 4 flatmates in a flat. Its really basic but nice for the price. They added a Games room which looks cool from the pics. In my first year, I lived in Cambridge Halls where, you live with 9 other students male and female but I think it might be too late for you to get a room there.

IMO, it doesn't matter where you live just as long as you go to all the events like bar hopping during freshers week and mingle with all the drunkards out there. If your a social Bee, you wont have any problems finding a bunch of mates. If your quiet and live in a place like Cambridge Halls, you won't make any friends.
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Emy1g

IMO, it doesn't matter where you live just as long as you go to all the events like bar hopping during freshers week and mingle with all the drunkards out there. If your a social Bee, you wont have any problems finding a bunch of mates. If your quiet and live in a place like Cambridge Halls, you won't make any friends.

ok thank you your right its more about my personality then where i live.... and MSV is so much cheaper im leaning more towards it lol are the room like box rooms or can they be quite spacious?
My mates old room was alright, it looked like the pictures on this website: http://www.accommodationforstudents.com/largerprivatestudenthousing/lphs.asp?id=41&city=manchester
But the guy that lived next door to her had a room twice her size. He was lucky, as he didn't have to pay extra for a bigger room. They were living above the bar where I'm going to live so its much cheaper. I just hope I got the big room lol. Like all rooms at this price, its very practical, the walls are thin and you can probably hear what's happening above you and besides you but you only need the place to sleep. There's a library close by that you can go to if you want to study.

I'd recommend living there even when people do say that it feel like living in a jail. (there are bars attached to the windows) Its cheap and practical, most students are on a budget and hopefully if your that social, you'll hardly be in your room. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending