The Student Room Group

Sherlock

Scroll to see replies

I felt that the start was disappointing. Why would Moriarty just let them go because of a phone-call? Other than that it was great! Had me engaged trying to work it all out.
Reply 981
Original post by SirMasterKey
I felt that the start was disappointing. Why would Moriarty just let them go because of a phone-call?

that's the mystery...
Reply 982
Tbh, he had things to do and they could've all died then and there, but Moriarty had stuff to do.

Stuff that involved manipulating Sherlock with Adler to get the code for the plane, so he could let his clients know the source of British Intelligence.
Reply 983
Original post by Please Register
You should put it in a spoiler!

But I agree that bit was almost jaw dropping. The best bit and the whole run up to it. The whole code thing was brilliant.

Spoiler

The episode was bloody fantastic. The plot was quite elaborate, and you need to be paying attention to watch it (probably best to watch it by yourself on iPlayer) but oh my life it was good.

it won a number of baftas remember?
there are still a few details that i didn't fully understand, possibly because i was half asleep when i watched it, or because i'm just dense x)

- what was the guy doing dead in his boot? if they were using people who were already dead on the 'coventry' flights then how could he have checked onto another flight or have been late if he was already dead?
- i'm also guessing that since mycroft didn't want moriarty to find out about the baltimore flight, the baltimore flight was an alternative flight that they had moved the passengers from the flight that was targeted by the bombers on to (as opposed to the baltimore flight being the flight with the dead people on it). the thing that i don't understand is why mycroft decided to fill the flight with corpses; surely if you were a terrorist bringing a bomb onto a plane, you would notice if the plane was full of corpses and that would defeat the point of you blowing up the plane?
Original post by dizzeedollee
there are still a few details that i didn't fully understand, possibly because i was half asleep when i watched it, or because i'm just dense x)

- what was the guy doing dead in his boot? if they were using people who were already dead on the 'coventry' flights then how could he have checked onto another flight or have been late if he was already dead?
- i'm also guessing that since mycroft didn't want moriarty to find out about the baltimore flight, the baltimore flight was an alternative flight that they had moved the passengers from the flight that was targeted by the bombers on to (as opposed to the baltimore flight being the flight with the dead people on it). the thing that i don't understand is why mycroft decided to fill the flight with corpses; surely if you were a terrorist bringing a bomb onto a plane, you would notice if the plane was full of corpses and that would defeat the point of you blowing up the plane?

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by doggyfizzel

Spoiler

^

Spoiler

Original post by Mr.Messy
Is Irene in just the one episode this season?

I'd hope so. Since she was only in the 1 Holmes story.
^

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Hype en Ecosse
I'd hope so. Since she was only in the 1 Holmes story.
It says on wikipedia "It has been announced that actor Russell Tovey will appear in "The Hounds of Baskerville"[51] and that Lara Pulver will portray Irene Adler"

So not a specific mention of just one episode. Can read this if you read the books

Spoiler

Oh, isn't it brilliant? :grin:
And Benedict's cheekbones :gasp:
Original post by doggyfizzel
It says on wikipedia "It has been announced that actor Russell Tovey will appear in "The Hounds of Baskerville"[51] and that Lara Pulver will portray Irene Adler"

So not a specific mention of just one episode. Can read this if you read the books

Spoiler

^
hmmm but i thought that conan doyle revived sherlock after 'the final problem'? or maybe i just dreamed that up D:

but thank you for clearing things up for me :smile:
^
hmmm but i thought that conan doyle revived sherlock after 'the final problem'? or maybe i just dreamed that up D:

but thank you for clearing things up for me :smile:

You didn't.
The opening scenes of the episode feature several references to the Sherlock Holmes literary canon. There are allusions to "The Greek Interpreter", "The Speckled Band", "The Naval Treaty", "The Illustrious Client" and "The Priory School".
^
quite shamefully i didn't spot the references to the last two D: i did love all the puns and jokes tho, especially the battersea one. that one made me chuckle^__^

and i have to say, i absolutely love andrew scott; he's a brilliant moriarty. completely insane and 100% terrifying :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Lily Academia
Oh, isn't it brilliant? :grin:
And Benedict's cheekbones :gasp:

Yesss :love:

:teehee:
Reply 996
So so good! So many good moments. So well written,so well acted, so well made. So!

Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism

I'm hoping he hasn't started again. If they were that bothered about him accepting a cigarette off Mycroft then he surely hasn't done anything other than nicotine (maybe just some of Mrs Hudson's 'herbal soothers' :biggrin:)

I thought maybe the offering of a cigarette was like a test - Sherlock had given up smoking and was working hard to keep it us, by him taking it it was perhaps proof that he was in a bad state emotionally, he couldn't be bothered to not, so might consider taking something else when on his normal mind he would stop himself? Which maybe explains John's reaction to hearing Sherlock had taken the cigarette?
That was a long, rambly sentence, not explained well! It's all down to interpretation ahah
I didn't even get it as being to do with drugs the first time, someone had to tell me, I just thought he might do something stupid and wondered why they had searched the flat!
On another note aahahahhah he has a sock categorisation! Brilliant!
Reply 997
Does no one remember last season when they were doing a drugs bust? John said something like, would someone this brilliant take drugs? and Sherlock said something like, 'shut up john!!' and John said, 'really? no?!' and then Sherlock glared at him.
:dice:

that is all.
Original post by iyley
So so good! So many good moments. So well written,so well acted, so well made. So!

I thought maybe the offering of a cigarette was like a test - Sherlock had given up smoking and was working hard to keep it us, by him taking it it was perhaps proof that he was in a bad state emotionally, he couldn't be bothered to not, so might consider taking something else when on his normal mind he would stop himself? Which maybe explains John's reaction to hearing Sherlock had taken the cigarette?
That was a long, rambly sentence, not explained well! It's all down to interpretation ahah
I didn't even get it as being to do with drugs the first time, someone had to tell me, I just thought he might do something stupid and wondered why they had searched the flat!
On another note aahahahhah he has a sock categorisation! Brilliant!

Haha nah it was a good sentence, I think we're in agreement basically :smile: Yeah my mum thought that too, she was like 'Is he going to hurt himself??'

Ahhh the sock index was fantastic! Could imagine it becoming one of those injokes that's almost a character in its own right, like the massive appreciation for the orange shock blanket :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest