The Student Room Group

Book recommendations?

I haven’t read a book in about a year or so 😩 really bad ik anywayy could someone recommend me some good crime/mystery/thriller books for teens tyy
Agatha christie's detective stuff? They are old(1900s I think) but short and sweet.
Reply 2
#MurderTrending series (esp the first book) by Gretchen McNeil
Original post by mstickbug
I haven’t read a book in about a year or so 😩 really bad ik anywayy could someone recommend me some good crime/mystery/thriller books for teens tyy

Every last secret by A.R Torre
Reply 4
I really enjoyed The Silent Patient which is a psychological murder mystery book
Original post by mstickbug

The books by Lisa stone are very good
Original post by asianism
Agatha christie's detective stuff? They are old(1900s I think) but short and sweet.

Oldie, but goldie! Conan Doyles' Sherlock Holmes and Maurice Leblanc's Lupin are also mentionable good crime stuff. They are the only crime novels I would stick my nose into.
Little Women
Little House series
Anne of Green Gables
Malory Towers
St Clare books
Ballet Shoes
Party Shoes
Original post by Samia_29
I really enjoyed The Silent Patient which is a psychological murder mystery book

I loved it. The plot twist!!!
Reply 9
I'd definitely recommend anything by Karen M. McManus - her latest one, The Cousins, is my personal fave but her other 3 books are also brilliant YA thrillers.
Would also recommend the S.T.A.G.S. series by M.A. Bennett for a more drawn-out thriller/mystery. The Cheerleaders by Kara Thomas is also a really good thriller.

I'd also recommend the Inspector Chopra series by Vaseem Khan and the D.I. Marnie Rome series by Sarah Hilary. They're technically adult thrillers/mysteries but I've been reading them throughout my teens so may as well suggest them.

Also, I know The Good Girl's Guide to Murder series by Holly Jackson is a very popular YA thriller. I've not personally read it myself yet but it's another suggestion. :smile:
The entire shadowhunters universe :

So The mortal instruments series, infernal devices series, dark artifices series, and the last hours series
Reply 11
Last book I had completed reading is menacing angels: that night. The story will take you on a journey in the old time and places when societal rules were enforced to be followed strictly. The author Carolyn S Tanner writes a story so that you will stick to the book till the end. I enjoyed reading this book. I hope you guys will also like it.
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending