The Student Room Group

How did you guys spend your summer?

^^^
Personally, so far I've taken a class in my hometown, gone to the Cotswolds, had my relatives visit me, seen a movie, gone to the dentist, celebrated a birthday, had an eye test, gone to a concert in my hometown, explored a new area by walking, and done three days of work experience.

-Kao (Lancaster Maths & Stats Student Ambassador)
Reply 2
Went to italy, Went to Portugal, wrote and published a small article, seen a bunch of bands, worked hard to take our monthly band night to the next level (this has taken the most of my time), and I've written two assessments for a PGCHE I'm doing. Oh, split with one woman and found a different one. Been busy.
crying
Quit my gap year job at the beginning of the summer and travelled a bit around the UK. Also spent some time re-reading some of the books I loved when I was younger - Narnia, Sherlock Holmes, the Lord of the Rings, The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy... also went and saw The Who which was very nice since it's a freak phenomenon that they've been performing for 60 years!
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Personally, so far I've taken a class in my hometown, gone to the Cotswolds, had my relatives visit me, seen a movie, gone to the dentist, celebrated a birthday, had an eye test, gone to a concert in my hometown, explored a new area by walking, and done three days of work experience.

-Kao (Lancaster Maths & Stats Student Ambassador)

You sound like an NPC.
Reply 6
Working since I’m in full time employment, along with going to Turkey, Pakistan and Dubai.
after finishing a levels -
more badminton training, many sessions (20+), finished FP1, will finish FP2, will go to a summer camp, consolidate the math a level (just 1 bit i screwed up so didn't get the A* in math exam), after finishing resits. playing more chess (nearly 1100 elo but screwed up). Procrastinating on social media, solving more math problems, shopping for stuff like clothes, re-read some books i liked before like the art of war, had eye test, doctor appointment for asd/adhd assessment etc. and preparing for uni and will finish statistic course and have finished robotics course . learnt some dancing listened to some new songs
I went to the gym a lot, met up with friends for meals quite a bit, bought and read a lot of books and went on 2 holidays :woo:
What I did not do is all my college work, which is due next week :redface:
Sleeping and revision mainly
This summer, I went to a festival in Italy and a long weekend in Lisbon, Portugal. With the terrible weather, I've spent much of my time at home on the weekends watching the Below Deck franchises! It's my birthday soon so I'll be going out for lots of yummy meals :biggrin:
This summer I worked a lot part time, and I stayed in temporary university accommodation which was fun as it meant I got to stay in my uni town which is wayyyy more interesting and has more things to do than my hometown :yep:

Then I spent a few days in Brighton with a few other TSRians which was awesome :thumbsup:

I'm back in my hometown now and I've got around 3 or so weeks before I move into my third year uni accommodation in September.

Don't have a lot to do now apart from reading some books I have on my list, decluttering, gaming, and seeing a few people from home who I haven't seen in ages (not been home since Christmas) :biggrin: :thumbsup: oh I also have acquired a Sims 4 addiction :hide:
(edited 8 months ago)
I had a sleepover with some cousins then went to my nans for two weeks as my great uncle and aunt came from India. Then we went to Spain for a week and i’m volunteering at my local library for the summer reading challenge. I’ve been trying to do revision to prepare for yr 11 but I keep getting distracted and procrastinating 😭 but oh well.
Why are you talking in past tense.

I went to Florida....heading to NYC in couple.
(edited 8 months ago)
I spent my summer in Nigeria
Reply 16
Summer was amazing I had the chance to visit Dubai, and it was truly a memorable experience. Going on a safari and taking a dip in the aquarium with all those underwater creatures were definite highlights. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there.

Quick Reply

Latest