The Student Room Group

Should I be worrying? pill free days and still no period, advice please?!

I take the pill dianette, I have to take it for 21 days each month then have a pill free 7 days (where I have a period)

my pill free 7 days started on friday, it said in the booklet you should get a period a few days later, its now monday and still no period.. should I be worrying? I have been especially concerned this month, I met up with my ex a few weeks ago, we had sex and he finished inside me (WITHOUT MY CONSENT!) even though I was on the pill I was really worried.. now I'm worrying even more. Should I be worrying?

Scroll to see replies

Maybe you should talk to a doctor about this? Lots of things can alter your period though - something physical, or something like stress. If you've been feeling well, maybe it's time to go see that doctor, though. If you took the pill as prescribed, there shouldn't be a problem, unless you didn't get the chance to digest it.
Give it a little longer, I usually take my last pill friday and then start on tues morning. If there's still nothing a couple of days before your due to start next pill pack - take a test to be 100% sure.
Give it a little longer. Its normal for your period to be incredibly light (so much that you may not even notice) or not happen at all...

You've still got plenty of time left, and if you're still worried, than a pregnancy test won't be affected by the pill.
Reply 4
I would give it a bit longer too, I got worried the first time I had my pill break as I take my last pill on Thursday and dont start my period until late Mon/ early Tues :smile:
Reply 5
I've not had a period in 3 years, might just be a reaction to that pill. I see it as a bonus to be honest. Take a test if you're that worried!
Give it a bit longer before you start panicking. I used to take my last pill on thursdays, then come on on monday. So don't panic yet.

Oh and if in doubt, take a test in the next week or so just to put your mind at ease.
Reply 7
As people have said don't worry about it, its common to be late or even miss a period while coming on the pill. Aslong as you took them correctly you should be fine but as said take a test if your worried.
Reply 8
I'm sure it's fine, mine dont normally come on until the 5th pill free morning :smile:
Reply 9
I used to take my last pill Friday and sometimes not come on till around Wednesday. It's much quicker now I've changed pill, but that was still perfectly normal.
It all depends on the person when you actually get your period, you could even get it carrying over to when you start taking your pills again. I stop taking my pills Friday, get my period Sunday and it stops Thursday/Friday ish. Then again, I've been on the pill for a long time and it's always like that - I wouldn't worry, your body will have it's own pattern.
barbie*
I've not had a period in 3 years, might just be a reaction to that pill. I see it as a bonus to be honest. Take a test if you're that worried!

Isn't that dangerous to your fertility or something?
Ive been on the pill for 4 years and some months are just weird on comparison to others. One month I didnt have a period until 5 days in then its lastest for 1.5 days then it was over! Dont worry about it, if youve just started then it might be your body getting used to it, or if youve had normal periods the other months then its just you haveing a weird month. But if your worried it might be worth seeing a nurse!
Did you take it as described during the 21 days? Did you miss any/were later than 8 hours/had to double up at all? If so, consider a pregnancy test.

If not, are you stressed out? Are you eating properly? It might just be late.

Sometimes the pill alters your hormones so much that your period can become lighter or stop entirely. This is normal.

If you are experiencing symptoms of pregnancy (such as sickness, mild abdominal funniness, etc) take a pregnancy test and find out. Use your urine in the morning, as the pregnancy hormone is more prevalent in morning urine than at any time of the day.

If you took everything on time, there's a very very very low chance that you're pregnant. Your pill is a combo pill so even if you were late, as long as it isn't 8 hours or more late, you should be fine. Even if it is more, your chances don't increase THAT much.

If it will make you feel better, take a test. :smile:

Hope this helps.
It's late because you are stressing. More worrying, the later it will be late. Take a pregnancy test, and when you see you are not, it will come.
Reply 15
Jessikar
Isn't that dangerous to your fertility or something?

No it's fine, why would it be dangerous? If I come off the pill for a month or so they always come back. The 'period' you get whilst on the pill isn't a real period, it's a chemically induced bleed, no matter if you get it or not you still won't have had an egg released that month.
Anonymous
I take the pill dianette, I have to take it for 21 days each month then have a pill free 7 days (where I have a period)

my pill free 7 days started on friday, it said in the booklet you should get a period a few days later, its now monday and still no period.. should I be worrying? I have been especially concerned this month, I met up with my ex a few weeks ago, we had sex and he finished inside me (WITHOUT MY CONSENT!) even though I was on the pill I was really worried.. now I'm worrying even more. Should I be worrying?

I'm on the same pill and it usually takes me 5, 6 or sometimes 7 days to come on :smile: Stop worrying!
Reply 17
Give it longer.
Sometimes takes up to seven days. Nothing to worry about :yep:
Reply 18
If you bleed on the 6th or 7th day of your 7 free pill day,is it ok to continue taking the pill on the 8th day or wait for your period to stop?
I have taken the microgynon pill for 21days and I am 5 days late should I be worried?

Latest