The Student Room Group

Due my period in the middle of GCSEs, help?!

I get my period really badly and it’s due any day now. On the first 1-2 days I get such bad pains and I feel weak, sick and dizzy, along with I get really hot like a fever and headaches. I start my GCSEs on Tuesday (16th May) and I’m very worried it’s going to impact my performance. My English lit exam is on Wednesday (17th) and I’m so scared it’ll affect my grade, as I need at least 6 to stay at my school for sixth form which I’ll be devastated if I can’t do. I’m already really bad at English as it is and I’ve put so much work in the past few months, I really don’t want it all to suddenly all go out the window because of this. I’ve already tried speaking to my GP to see if they can do anything, however left it a bit late and they don’t have any appointments and also if they were to give me some kind of medication it might take longer to kick in. Any advice on what to do if this happens please? I know they sometimes give special consideration if you’re ill but I don’t know if this would an acceptable reason for it? Should I contact my school/exams office? Thank you
Reply 1
You could consider taking some painkillers on the day if possible? Also I've found for myself at least that if I exercise more before my period it makes the cramps less intense.
Reply 2
I get cramps that make me throw up but only on the first day so totally understand your situation and it sucks
For me painkillers such as paracetamol never worked but have found that ibuprofen really helps me so if you haven't tried it then it might be worth a go but I know not everything works for everyone
Reply 3
Have you tried taking mefenamic acid? Over the past year I've been getting awful cramps during my periods that would leave me bed-ridden but taking 1-2 pills of this a day has worked wonders. I think you need a prescription for it though but I'm not sure. It's worth looking into it though.

Quick Reply

Latest