The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
For goodness sake, I wish I could stop myself sounding like some awful claims direct adverts sometimes. 'Feeling sad and lonely? Add Berk to MSN.' *cut to man who sawed his own leg off saying how he added Berk to MSN and was awarded £5000*
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 21
i still havent got a reading list :eek: but i got a two week timetable :cool:
Berk
For goodness sake, I wish I could stop myself sounding like some awful claims direct adverts sometimes. 'Feeling sad and lonely? Add Berk to MSN.' *cut to man who sawed his own leg off saying how he added Berk to MSN and was awarded £5000*

rofl :hahaha:

I hate those adverts- especially the one with that little boy who fell over and broke his glasses....or something like that.
Reply 23
heya, quick question, i got a readin list, well i got a letter through from the philosophy and psychology department an it sed the books i need to read well the preparatory reading list. does that mean i need to buy those books?? is everyone guna buy their books when they get there?? does ne1 rekon its a gd idewa to buy off ebay? ok that was a quick 3 questions!
:wavey:
xxx
these_apples
The psychology department sent me two identical letters with the first year textbook we are supposed to get, which apparently, is not in print- wahay!

My faith in the psychology dept is starting to wobble a bit.

As for neuroscience- not a peep.

It is in print! Mine arrived yesterday. The only trouble is that they didn't say which bit to read so I'm just starting at the beginning....

I got mine off Amazon, not sure where else does it. I couldn't see it in Waterstones.
Is anybody getting most of their books on their reading list beforehand? I don't know whether I should or not...
Reply 26
Yeh I've already got my books, just purely because I have to read one of them before I get there - just made more sense to get them all at the same time - cause I love my local bookshop and like to keep them in business! lol
Emily-Sarah
It is in print! Mine arrived yesterday. The only trouble is that they didn't say which bit to read so I'm just starting at the beginning....

I got mine off Amazon, not sure where else does it. I couldn't see it in Waterstones.

I think ill just wait till i get there to buy it i think....

thats one less thing to pack :dancing:
Emily-Sarah
I chose the forensics one :smile: (crime, science and investigation) sounds cool! i don't think i'd pass as quincy though...

haha... I chose that one too...

Umm... on my reading lists they advise you to look up the books before you get there, and maybe read bits of them... it doesn't say "hey, you have to read this book this book and this book before we'll let you on to the course" I think its just so you can get basic ideas etc before you start the course. They tell you the main textbook of the year/semester... I can't actually use my local library, and I can't buy all the books on the reading lists. I'll buy the main textbooks, but I'm not gonna buy them all. I'm sure Keele will have them in their library.
ainat87
haha... I chose that one too...

Umm... on my reading lists they advise you to look up the books before you get there, and maybe read bits of them... it doesn't say "hey, you have to read this book this book and this book before we'll let you on to the course" I think its just so you can get basic ideas etc before you start the course. They tell you the main textbook of the year/semester... I can't actually use my local library, and I can't buy all the books on the reading lists. I'll buy the main textbooks, but I'm not gonna buy them all. I'm sure Keele will have them in their library.

Oh, just found the letter from the criminology dept. It says "we hope that you find time to look at some of the readings before you arrive - they have been selected for their criminological importance and because they make acceptable holiday reading. No-one expects to to have read the whole list, but the more reading you are able to do now, the easier you will find it to get "up to speed" on arrival"

dunno if that helps anyone any. But for anyone doing psychology, is the textbook "Psychology: the science of behaviour" Emily-Sarah, did you say you got it off amazon? I can't find it...

EDIT: Is this the right one? 99.9% sure it is... wanna check before I buy it though... http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0130359114/qid%3D1126824008/026-8060365-7787649

Latest