The Student Room Group

Asian Flush Drinkers

Hi,

Im a BBC (British Born Chinese) and every time I drink i get red. Not only that, i also find it harder to breathe and sometimes get sleepy. It sucks! I take a heartburn medicine called Zantac and that usually takes away the redness.

Has anyone else got the Asian flush and how do you deal with it?

Thanks
Reply 1
Gene therapy? :dontknow:
You're not alone fella. I get it too with exactly the same symptoms. I just try and fight through it. :top:
Reply 3
Fight through? why the **** would you put yourself through this? I assume it's to fit in? :colonhash:

ffs grow a spine.
Reply 4
I believe that's what you call getting drunk. :eek3:
Yeah I think heartburn medicine helps with the redness but it can make you feel worse if you drink too much. I just don't drink too much or drink slowly, as soon as you start to feel a bit hot or something, slow down.

It's embarrising really. I usually start to feel a bit warm, red face, and my heart beat rises. Just drink in moderation slowly.
Reply 6
Yea for the most part, it can actually be pretty embarrassing to have this as you don't get to have enough fun while your out with your friends or at a part.
I use to suffer from this back in the day and I would hate the fact that I could only drink a couple of beers.

But now I found this great product and I don't really worry about that anymore :smile:

It works great :smile:

http://bit.ly/lPjPlh
Reply 7
I don't get it. Drink what? water?
Reply 8
Don't worry about it.

I'm Chinese and I too turn red after consuming alcohol... it's a normal asian reaction to alcohol (apparently).

Still, it doesn't stop me from drinking loads though. I man up and crack on with it (and can even drink more than some white guys!).

Quick Reply

Latest