The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Couldn't you just contact the accommodation office? I was in a catered block in DRA, and they said I could switch into a self-catered block in DRA (so I'm assuming there are still spaces there..).
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
yes but i'm not sure what they would do about my request since I have previously confirmed my contract...
It should still be possible to change. Depends a lot if they had too many people accepting their offers and meeting their grade standards. In my first year I was unhappy with the place I ended up at and asked about changing. I was told since they still had some free rooms in several halls such a a thing would probably be possible, but that I had to do that at the start of the term (the week after freshers week if I am not mistaken). Two years ago, for example, the were too many people meeting the requirements asked by the Uni and if I am not mistaken there were around 100 students with no accommodation in September. I was one of them and was lucky enough to get a room at the end of freshers week from someone who quit. That year they weren't accepting any requests to change. So, it depends on the years. I think it wouldn't hurt to send an email to the Accommodation services and see what they say. The worst that can happen is that they will say you can't change.

I was in DRA 2 years ago and I never knew there were catered blocks. I was under the impression all of them were self-catered and if you wanted you could buy meal tickets to eat at the bistro.

Latest

Trending

Trending