The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Kingston Halls of Residence

Whether you're still waiting to hear, or whether you have an offer from Kingston already, it's a good idea to decide where you want to live as early as possible to avoid a last minute panic :smile:

Even if Kingston is your second choice - make sure you have an idea about what accommodation options you have here, just in case things don't go quite as planned on results day!

Click here to view all of our Halls of Residence !!

We have 2,252 rooms to choose from at Kingston, so there should be an option that suits your personal preference and budget :smile:

The halls are called:
- Chancellors Hall (close to Kingston Hill & Roehampton Vale)
- Clayhill (close to Penrhyn Road and Knights Park)
- Middle Mill (close to PR & KP)
- Seething Wells (close to PR & KP)
- Walkden Hall (close to KH & RV)

ALL halls have free WiFi, communal kitchens (no catered halls), on site laundrettes and cycle storage :biggrin:

All Halls except Middle Mill have rooms with en suite bathrooms (Middle Mill flats have communal/shared bathrooms). Clayhill and Seething Wells both have common rooms.

CLICK HERE for room costs :wink:

Any questions about Halls for current students?? Let us know by replying to this post

Hope to see you in Kingston soon!
Daisy
Original post by Kingston Reps
Whether you're still waiting to hear, or whether you have an offer from Kingston already, it's a good idea to decide where you want to live as early as possible to avoid a last minute panic :smile:

Even if Kingston is your second choice - make sure you have an idea about what accommodation options you have here, just in case things don't go quite as planned on results day!

We have 2,252 rooms to choose from at Kingston, so there should be an option that suits your personal preference and budget :smile:

The halls are called:

ALL halls have free WiFi, communal kitchens (no catered halls), on site laundrettes and cycle storage :biggrin:

All Halls except Middle Mill have rooms with en suite bathrooms (Middle Mill flats have communal/shared bathrooms). Clayhill and Seething Wells both have common rooms.

Any questions about Halls for current students?? Let us know by replying to this post

Daisy

The reviews for the halls of residence are terrible, which is worrying me! People are saying that the reception staff are rude and unkind and the rooms dirty with poor facilities. When you’re leaving home for the first time, this is obviously not what you want to hear. Can anyone reassure me on this? Or give an honest opinion.
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Original post by Anonymous #1
The reviews for the halls of residence are terrible, which is worrying me! People are saying that the reception staff are rude and unkind and the rooms dirty with poor facilities. When you’re leaving home for the first time, this is obviously not what you want to hear. Can anyone reassure me on this? Or give an honest opinion.

Hi,

It's great that you have made a start looking at accommodation! Which accommodation in particular are you looking at? I may be able to find out some more information.

I am currently a first year student living in Middle Mill and so going of my experience I have found the staff to be helpful when going to the reception to collect parcels or get change for the laundry machines they will let me know when they are next getting change and just general things I may need to know. They also do weekly cleaning inspections to make sure all housemates are keeping on top of the cleaning. And the security are very prompt, my flatmates fire alarm went off late at night and they were straight round to make sure everything was ok. If ever there is issues we inform them and they seem to sort it as soon as possible.

When I first arrived I was worried because I had only seen a few pictures online but everything was fine, clean, lots of space to put things and I felt I had everything I need. I have also visited Seething Wells which has recently been renovated and so is really nice and modern, very clean.

Any more questions please ask :smile:
Grace (Student Rep)
Hi,

It's great that you have made a start looking at accommodation! Which accommodation in particular are you looking at? I may be able to find out some more information.

I am currently a first year student living in Middle Mill and so going of my experience I have found the staff to be helpful when going to the reception to collect parcels or get change for the laundry machines they will let me know when they are next getting change and just general things I may need to know. They also do weekly cleaning inspections to make sure all housemates are keeping on top of the cleaning. And the security are very prompt, my flatmates fire alarm went off late at night and they were straight round to make sure everything was ok. If ever there is issues we inform them and they seem to sort it as soon as possible.

When I first arrived I was worried because I had only seen a few pictures online but everything was fine, clean, lots of space to put things and I felt I had everything I need. I have also visited Seething Wells which has recently been renovated and so is really nice and modern, very clean.

Any more questions please ask :smile:
Grace (Student Rep)

Hey Grace thank you so much for replying! I hoped for somewhere with parking so was looking at Clayhill, but that’s the one with loads of bad reviews about cleanliness, silver fish infestations, bathrooms that don’t work and unpleasant reception / security staff. Seething Wells looks ok, but no parking (unless that’s sorted now as I know it’s a temporary thing).
I’m anxious about sharing a bathroom which was why I wasn’t looking at Middle Mill.

Thanks again for replying 😊
Hey Grace thank you so much for replying! I hoped for somewhere with parking so was looking at Clayhill, but that’s the one with loads of bad reviews about cleanliness, silver fish infestations, bathrooms that don’t work and unpleasant reception / security staff. Seething Wells looks ok, but no parking (unless that’s sorted now as I know it’s a temporary thing).
I’m anxious about sharing a bathroom which was why I wasn’t looking at Middle Mill.

Hi there,

Just wanted to jump in about parking! I lived at Seething Wells last year and am a driver so found it annoying that there was no parking on site! I did work out that the residential roads along Portsmouth Road, towards Thames Ditton have free parking and are only a short walk from the student accommodation. I was happy to park further away if I got to stay at Seething as I really enjoyed it!

My blog on parking is here if you want to give it a quick read!
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7351079#post98990699

Hope this helps :smile:
-Yasmin (Kingston Rep)

Hi,

No worries, I can't comment on Clay hill as I haven't been or heard anything about this. However, Seething Wells is really nice I when I visited recently there was no building work and parking was available. My friends who live there have also confirmed there is parking, which is great! I was also really worried about sharing bathrooms but now I'm here I find there is no issues. In a flat of 8 there is 2 separate toilet rooms and then another 2 sperate rooms with a shower. But I understand this can be a worry and there is lots of other great options when it comes to accommodation.

-Grace (Kingston Rep)
Hi there,

Just wanted to jump in about parking! I lived at Seething Wells last year and am a driver so found it annoying that there was no parking on site! I did work out that the residential roads along Portsmouth Road, towards Thames Ditton have free parking and are only a short walk from the student accommodation. I was happy to park further away if I got to stay at Seething as I really enjoyed it!

My blog on parking is here if you want to give it a quick read!
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7351079#post98990699

Hope this helps :smile:
-Yasmin (Kingston Rep)

That’s really helpful thank you so much for replying.
Hi,

No worries, I can't comment on Clay hill as I haven't been or heard anything about this. However, Seething Wells is really nice I when I visited recently there was no building work and parking was available. My friends who live there have also confirmed there is parking, which is great! I was also really worried about sharing bathrooms but now I'm here I find there is no issues. In a flat of 8 there is 2 separate toilet rooms and then another 2 sperate rooms with a shower. But I understand this can be a worry and there is lots of other great options when it comes to accommodation.

-Grace (Kingston Rep)

Thank you so much. Think I’ll try for Seething Wells in that case 😊
Original post by undefined

Hi there!

I am a first year student living in the Clayhill accommodation and would love to resolve some of your worries.

Starting with the cleanliness, the common areas such as the reception, laundry, the field and the outer areas in general are kept quite clean by the staff. As for the rooms and the kitchens, they were immaculate when we all first arrived, and since then, it varies greatly from block to block depending on how clean the residents keep it.

As for the infestations, I personally haven't come across anything of the sort in the few months that I've been here.

The bathrooms are not the greatest, they are small and very barebones, and the shower curtain takes a bit of getting used to. However, all in all, put simply, they're clean and have everything you need.

Coming to the staff and security, I have found them to be very helpful and understanding. They've always been a huge help in resolving any sort of issue that I've faced so far, especially so during the first weeks. Also, I am someone who gets anxious about safety, so knowing that there's always a couple security guards doing rounds or at the reception, helps me sleep a bit easier.

Lastly, as for the parking, while I myself do not own a car, some of my friends do, and I haven't heard anything negative from them concerning the same. When first moving in, there is a registration process which is either done via app, email or manually at the reception. For more information on the same, feel free to contact GFM at [email protected] .

I hope this puts to bed some of your concerns, if you have any other queries, please let us know!

Cheers🙂 ,
-Addy (Kingston Rep)
Reply 9
Hi, hope it’s ok to post further questions on this thread…daughter is hoping for Seething Wells. I believe there’s a bus to the Arts school at knights park. Does it stop right outside the halls? How often do they come? How far a walk is it from KP to seething? Many thanks
Original post by Suebydoo
Hi, hope it’s ok to post further questions on this thread…daughter is hoping for Seething Wells. I believe there’s a bus to the Arts school at knights park. Does it stop right outside the halls? How often do they come? How far a walk is it from KP to seething? Many thanks

Hi @Suebydoo

Yes there is a bus that goes to the Penryn Road campus which is less than a 10 minute walk to Knights Park and the bus from Seething Wells to Penryn only takes around 5 minuets so it's a short commute. The buses stop on the street right outside the halls and come ever 12-15 minutes. Alternatively to walk from Seething Wells to Knights Park will take around 30 minutes.

What course is your daughter going to be studying? It's great that she's thinking of living in Seething Wells, any more questions feel free to ask :smile:

-Grace (Kingston Rep)

The halls are called:

Daisy

Thanks Daisy - I have an offer at Kingston and am going to take it! But....I notice on the web site it says you can't apply for halls until April? Is this correct? And are the Halls of residence even for foundation students? Also, if not, where else would you recommend near Penrhyn?
Original post by Anonymous #2
Thanks Daisy - I have an offer at Kingston and am going to take it! But....I notice on the web site it says you can't apply for halls until April? Is this correct? And are the Halls of residence even for foundation students? Also, if not, where else would you recommend near Penrhyn?
Hi there @anonymous #2, congratulations on receiving an offer to Kingston University. Yes, halls of residence are also available for foundation students. Once you have confirmed your offer, the university will send you an email giving you access to the Accommodation Portal once it opens around April/May, so do keep a look out for it! In the mean time, check out the different options for Halls of Residence, so that you are ready when the portal opens! 🙂 Clayhill, Seething Wells and Middle Mill would be ideal if you are studying in Penrhyn Rd campus!

Here are some links you may find useful:
How to Search for Private Accommodation - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7330693
Moving in checklist - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7340756

Hope this helps and do let me know if you have any other questions 🙂

Zhi En
(Kingston Student Rep.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending