The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
No Future
I'd be able to tell you if I did it...

Same. I honestly don't know.

I'm doing most of mine in the free before the lesson its due in, or in the lessons themselves. *shrug*

A couple of essays get done at home, etc, but otherwise... they say blahblah hours but it doesn't have to be
Reply 21
physics- half hour per week, further maths 1-2 hours per week, business studies hour per week. So on average about 2.5 hours a week.
Reply 22
We're technically meant to get 5 hours worth of homework per subject per week. in reality, it feels like we have way more than that, at least right now. all depends i guess :wink:
Reply 23
um, wow never sat down and worked this out before. per week i probably do...
italian - nothing, pretty much, as i am almost fluent due to holidays etc. don't even have to go to all the lessons anymore :smile:
latin, history and english - about 4 hours on each
fine art - the worst ever subject for homework! i use my free lessons/ lunchtimes in school for this - about 5 hours
Reply 24
Mata
Same. I honestly don't know.

I'm doing most of mine in the free before the lesson its due in, or in the lessons themselves. *shrug*

A couple of essays get done at home, etc, but otherwise... they say blahblah hours but it doesn't have to be

Same. Needless to say, it was all a complete waste of time.
Reply 25
I was never told any set amount of hrs per week. I was just given piles!
Last week I got about 5 different chemistry hwks all took about 2 hours each and im still doing the last bit today but i cnt do it.. enthalpy change.. but we wernt taught ANYTHING about them :frown:
Reply 27
Err, it changes a lot.

German is the subject with the most homework, easily. We only have one teacher, but we have two 'types' of lesson. One is working from the textbook and the other is German Lit. Usually I get homework after every lesson, each taking me anything from 15 minutes to two hours. It really depends what we're doing...so I can usually be found doing German homework of some description!

English at the moment is very easy. We've been set two/three homeworks in the last two weeks, the longest one was about 45 minutes. Friday's took me about 15 minutes, so it's not too bad.

Maths. Well, we haven't had a teacher for C3 for the past two weeks so not much homework was set. We had an exercise to work through, and so I did a bit of general reading and research into the new topics for that. Not homework as such, but individual study. (Also meaning I was the only one who actually completed the exercise :rolleyes: )

Err, Further Maths. Stats is quite easy, we've had homeworks from each lesson (but we only have one lesson a week), but generally doesn't take more than half an hour. Discrete. Well, had no teacher but was told to work through the first chapter on our own. Another teacher came in, who suggested that it would take us about 7 hours' work each week to do all the questions from all the exercises, per chapter. All good fun!

I can always find something to do in my free periods, though - and I have roughly nine a week. It's very rare for me not to have some work on the go, whether 'set' homework or just maths that I do for fun :rolleyes:
Reply 28
Officially, we're supposed to get around fiver hours per week per subject, but in practice it's quite often slightly less then that for German and Chemistry, but longer for Biology and History, so in total I do probably spend around 20 hours per week doing homework... how do I fit so much extra stuff in now I think about it?!?!
Reply 29
prinzessin1988
i cnt do it.. enthalpy change.. but we wernt taught ANYTHING about them :frown:
What's the question? Post it in the Science forum I might be able to help...
Reply 30
We are ment to do 6hrs a week per subject - AS IF.
But so far i've had 3 maths homeworks and a 2 Biology ones, in 3 days, its ok i guess apart from my maths and mechanics one
We're supposed to put in about the same number of hours of revision as the number hours we spend in class for each subject, or so the leaflet says... Which means 5 hours each subject per week... I've spent far more than that I think. Considering that I got NINE latin preps over seven days and 7 French ones over seven days as well. The best so far is Maths, i 've hardly spent any time on that ^^. Biology I've only been spending about three hours. i think that it all balances out... But it's still a lot of work.
Reply 32
We're meant to get 5 hours per week per subject, although it seems like I'm spending most of my time on Maths and French! No-one warned me on the French hwk overload...at GCSE there was virtually no hwk but now its like...WOAH.
Reply 33
We are meant to get about 5hrs per subject per week however i reckon its much mroe!
I think at our school it's supposed to be 5 hours a week per subject...
Reply 35
I'm supposed to be doing 4.5 hours per subject per week, so 18 hours. I'd say 3 hours a night was about right though.
Quite a lot. 2/3 pieces a week per subject- which is not getting done while im on here.
Reply 37
We were told 5 hours a week per subject - but Art is tonnes!
6 Hours!
Been at college just about 1.5 weeks. Had about 30 minutes homework in total across all my subjects.

Latest