The Student Room Group

Can we search for clearing places yet?

Sorry if there is a thread on this already, but I can't find it!
I'm just wondering if there is a list on unis that have clearing vacancies yet, or whether we have to wait until results day?
On UCAS course search, it shows all the courses some of them have 'X' next to them, other have CLOSED but it doesn't say if anything's available in clearing.
I just want to make shortlist of unis I'd like to go to if I did end up in clearing, but wanna know what's available to me first. So if I do end up in clearing I don't get my hopes up about a uni that's not going to be in it.
Most will start posting late Wednesday/actual results day.

What they say for you to do is look through the universities which were in extra, as this can give you some idea of which Uni's did have places.

But overall, clearing places will be fully up on results day.
Reply 2
aaaaaaaaannnnd how do you check for courses that were in extra?
Reply 3
Go to ucas course search and look for x next to the course
Reply 4
you can also check the uni websites. i was looking at a uni earlier and it had options to look through courses for 2011 or to search through clearing courses.
Reply 5
hassundlust
aaaaaaaaannnnd how do you check for courses that were in extra?

They have an X next to them.
If I have to go through clearing I don't know if I want to do the same course or something different.
Reply 6
Jessica14
you can also check the uni websites. i was looking at a uni earlier and it had options to look through courses for 2011 or to search through clearing courses.

I was on UWIC hoping to see something like that, but it just has a general list. Which uni was that?
Lots of unis will *start* to post clearing vacancies before Thursday - only one that I know of is Leeds will post its vacancies at 5pm on Wednesday. :yes: just as an example.
Reply 8
BabyGirl92
I was on UWIC hoping to see something like that, but it just has a general list. Which uni was that?

i think it was on a couple, the most obvious one i saw was on university campus suffolks website. it comes up as the first page before you click enter website or something

Latest

Trending

Trending