The Student Room Group

i only got aab

please help me someone i was going to go to durham for law but i’ve missed my offer. does anyone know of any russel group unis that would accept me for any humanities or law course through clearing???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Just so you know you've done amazing , it's not "only" AAB. Also don't get hung up on Russel group unis , just find somewhere you can be happy and a uni that prioritises your well being.
Reply 2
tysm that’s really kind :smile:
Reply 3
look through the ucas clearing website i was looking for law earlier and saw southampton, leicester, Birmingham although not sure birmingham will accept AAB.
There are law degrees available in clearing, yes. Use the UCAS website to look up which ones are accepting students through clearing and to see the grade requirements. :smile:
Original post by 4everrwinterr
please help me someone i was going to go to durham for law but i’ve missed my offer. does anyone know of any russel group unis that would accept me for any humanities or law course through clearing???

Firstly, congratulations on AAB as those are really good grades!

If I may ask, did you meet your insurance offer?

You can always search for Law vacancies in Clearing here if you want to see what's out there: https://www.ucas.com/explore/search
Firstly you have done incredibly well and you should be #BeResultsProud. Whilst not Russell Group, The University of Surrey also have places for Law in clearing as well as those mentioned above.
(edited 8 months ago)

Hello,
AAB is still really good, they’re fantastic grades even haha.

You’ll most likely be able to find a Russel group Uni who will accept your grades just keep going through the clearing process and you’ll eventually find what you’re looking for.

Alternatively there are many top unis that aren’t Russel group but still fantastic to go to if you want a higher rated university :smile:

Hope this helps,
Dom
congrats on your grades, i wish you happiness and try to keep a positive mind :smile:
Stop right there!

You need a big dose of #BeResultsProud right now

Feel the love @4everrwinterr, come on, feel the warmth

Hi there,

Massive congratulations on your results, you should be proud! All your hard work has paid off and now it's the exiting time to choose the university that's right for you.

Keep an open mind when going through the Clearing process and I wish you the best of luck. :smile:

Sarah
Original post by CatusStarbright
Firstly, congratulations on AAB as those are really good grades!

If I may ask, did you meet your insurance offer?

You can always search for Law vacancies in Clearing here if you want to see what's out there: https://www.ucas.com/explore/search

i met my insurance offer for sussex but i’m not sure
i met my insurance offer for sussex but i’m not sure

In that case, you do have a confirmed uni place (congrats!) but can choose to release yourself into Clearing if you prefer.
(edited 8 months ago)

Hi @4everrwinterr

Firstly, huge congratulations on achieving AAB!

We might not be a Russell Group uni - but we offer LLB Law and there are places available through Clearing: https://www.winchester.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/llb-hons-law/

Here's taster of what you can expect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnO9E5EP6qY&list=PLFcSZizooL61tN9B7G2h7jh76kkaGRw0S&index=22

Students study the seven ‘Foundations of Legal Knowledge’ subjects which are required by the Bar Standards Board and also form an excellent knowledge base for those going on to study for the Solicitors Qualifying Examinations 1 & 2.

Our friendly team are available to chat through options on 01962 827234 :smile:

Hi @4everrwinterr,

Congratulations on your grades, as others have said, they are fantastic! It is also important to remember that you are also more than your grades.

To reiterate what @Lancaster Student Ambassador has said, it is important to look at other factors too when looking at universities. For example it might be worth considering accommodation, location, support offered (both academic and pastoral), the nightlife in the area as well as facilities at your university.

Clearing is open at Kent university. If you want to take a look at what the University of Kent is like or ask me any questions you are more than welcome to.

Good luck with finding a course and university. :smile:

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep
Reply 15

I also got AAB, was working at A*A*A all year aha
Original post by azzot

that’s exactly what happened to me lol

Congratulations! Those are some pretty great grades and you should still be so proud :smile:
There's some pretty great advice above, just remember to factor in other aspects when choosing your uni - the support on offer, employability rates, access to additional funding etc. Russel Groups aren't the be-all and end all and it's important that you choose a uni you'll be happy at.
Original post by azzot

Hey! Congratulations thats amazingg! Are you going out tonight to celebrate?
Reply 19
Original post by Sarah_williams
Hey! Congratulations thats amazingg! Are you going out tonight to celebrate?

No I’m fuming

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending