The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Join the club :o:
Reply 2
Delaney
Join the club :o:

Haha. You got any ideas? My teacher did give us a wee bit of advice but I can't really think of anything special. Does it matter if we do the same boring one as everyone else?
Reply 3
I was thinking about doing one on plant succession, kinda like the question in the 2010 paper. You know like the correlations between pH, salinity, soil type and the plant type?

Sounds boring, I know.
Reply 4
Atmosphere related topics would be rather difficult to do, although there's a fair few chemistry related things that you could interpret into a study with soils. What kind of physical features are there in your area? River and stream studies are popular choices, but you can go out your way to make it more unique. Mine was on differential ersosion and deposition where I compared two sites; and investigated the differences in geology, longshore drift, wave height/frequency, sand dune succession and slope analysis.
Reply 5
rosie9391
Atmosphere related topics would be rather difficult to do, although there's a fair few chemistry related things that you could interpret into a study with soils. What kind of physical features are there in your area? River and stream studies are popular choices, but you can go out your way to make it more unique. Mine was on differential ersosion and deposition where I compared two sites; and investigated the differences in geology, longshore drift, wave height/frequency, sand dune succession and slope analysis.

I was hoping you would help me :smile:

I thought atmosphere might be a it impractical.

I live just outside Glasgow so rivers are easy. (: I was maybe hoping to do soemthing a bit more unusual than the old comparing two rivers.
Reply 6
Lulope
I was hoping you would help me :smile:

I thought atmosphere might be a it impractical.

I live just outside Glasgow so rivers are easy. (: I was maybe hoping to do soemthing a bit more unusual than the old comparing two rivers.

Something a bit different for rivers would be to look at its sinuosity, investigating the factors that form meanders. Could do a little comparison of the meanders from years back through secondary research and looking at old maps of the area too. Or river pollution in the city centre, compared to a river on the outskirts of town. Even drainage basin systems, looking at the hydrographs and land use impacts on infiltration rates/runoff.

Hydrosere fieldwork as well, you could look at succession of say a pond community and how the environment changes, and measure the abiotic factors. Ask yourself questions like: How do soil characteristics/microclimate change with the distance from the water?

:dontknow: Just some ideas. There's so many things that could be done, if you want me to expand on anything or if you have your own idea would be happy to help. :smile:
Reply 7
rosie9391
Something a bit different for rivers would be to look at its sinuosity, investigating the factors that form meanders. Could do a little comparison of the meanders from years back through secondary research and looking at old maps of the area too. Or river pollution in the city centre, compared to a river on the outskirts of town. Even drainage basin systems, looking at the hydrographs and land use impacts on infiltration rates/runoff.

Hydrosere fieldwork as well, you could look at succession of say a pond community and how the environment changes, and measure the abiotic factors. Ask yourself questions like: How do soil characteristics/microclimate change with the distance from the water?

:dontknow: Just some ideas. There's so many things that could be done, if you want me to expand on anything or if you have your own idea would be happy to help. :smile:

That sounds interesting :smile:
Reply 8
rosie9391
x

First of all thanks so much for your help (:

I decided I was going to use one of your ideas (Pollution) but I happened to mention it to someone in my class and they're doing it and got there first so I have to think of a new one :mad:

Another idea of your I quite liked was the hydrographs but I've been warned off that one by a teacher.

So I need to think of something new. :s-smilie: I'm going to have a look through my higher notes and see if I could base a project off bits I like. Would you be able to give me ideas if I was to tell you what bits I liked best?
Reply 9
Lulope
First of all thanks so much for your help (:

I decided I was going to use one of your ideas (Pollution) but I happened to mention it to someone in my class and they're doing it and got there first so I have to think of a new one :mad:

Another idea of your I quite liked was the hydrographs but I've been warned off that one by a teacher.

So I need to think of something new. :s-smilie: I'm going to have a look through my higher notes and see if I could base a project off bits I like. Would you be able to give me ideas if I was to tell you what bits I liked best?

Ah, that's a shame but yeah, would be happy to help. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending