The Student Room Group

Politics, worth studying?

I was planning to study Politics at Durham and come back to my country since everyone here at the parliament or the cabinet has a business related degree(business management) or even non business, heck the ex President wasn't a graduate, he narrated sports :/ and the current president is a Journalist. So I was thinking to start changing things a little bit here because I'm sick of seeing not qualified people running this country but I'm doubtful on studying Politics since people here with whatever degree can become politicians and if I study something like business I'd be safer on getting a job and I could become a politician anyhow. Anyways, do you think studying politics is worth it?
You dont have to go into politics with a degree in politics.
Reply 2
I'd say that if you enjoy politics as a subject, then do it. If you're not such a big fan, then you might be better suited to doing a degree in another area and then you can always move into politics later if you choose to do so.
Similar to what milkytea said, if you're wanting to study politics just because you want a career in that area then it's probably worth studying something else. Like you said, most politicians do not have a degree in politics.

If, however, you believe you will enjoy the degree and find it interesting as well as rewarding for the future, then go for it!
Reply 4
it depends on what you enjoy, if you love politics then study it

if you know that you dont have to have a specific degree to get into parliament then do whatever you'll enjoy for three years :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending