The Student Room Group

HELPPP! I wanna go into Investment banking, am i valid?

HELPP! So I have achieved AAB at a-level and i'm currently studying econ&politics at LSE, doing pretty well should get a 2:1+. I go to a major target for IB and study a competitive course. I want to work front office at a goldman sachs or jpm, is it worth it for me to resit one or two a-levels knowing i can get higher to be more competitive or am i good enough? Please be honest and brutal, none of this 'they're just letters on paper' BS. Thanks!
(Original post by pkrest456)HELPP! So I have achieved AAB at a-level and i'm currently studying econ&politics at LSE, doing pretty well should get a 2:1+. I go to a major target for IB and study a competitive course. I want to work front office at a goldman sachs or jpm, is it worth it for me to resit one or two a-levels knowing i can get higher to be more competitive or am i good enough? Please be honest and brutal, none of this 'they're just letters on paper' BS. Thanks!

how did u get in with AAB to LSE? thought minimum requirements were AAA
Reply 2
Original post by kjhuygtfdxc
(Original post by pkrest456)HELPP! So I have achieved AAB at a-level and i'm currently studying econ&politics at LSE, doing pretty well should get a 2:1+. I go to a major target for IB and study a competitive course. I want to work front office at a goldman sachs or jpm, is it worth it for me to resit one or two a-levels knowing i can get higher to be more competitive or am i good enough? Please be honest and brutal, none of this 'they're just letters on paper' BS. Thanks!

how did u get in with AAB to LSE? thought minimum requirements were AAA

Was eligible for a contextual
You'll be fine, provided you do well in your degree & gather relevant work/ leadership experience.

Since you got a contextual grades, when you apply to Investment Banks, they ask for this. So it's fine
Original post by pkrest456
HELPP! So I have achieved AAB at a-level and i'm currently studying econ&politics at LSE, doing pretty well should get a 2:1+. I go to a major target for IB and study a competitive course. I want to work front office at a goldman sachs or jpm, is it worth it for me to resit one or two a-levels knowing i can get higher to be more competitive or am i good enough? Please be honest and brutal, none of this 'they're just letters on paper' BS. Thanks!

Hi I have an offer for the same degree as you. Do you mind if I DM you with some questions?
Reply 5
Original post by jlocordner332
Hi I have an offer for the same degree as you. Do you mind if I DM you with some questions?

Feel free to!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending