The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Tortious
This is why TSR needs a "Like" button - sometimes the rep system isn't appropriate. :p:

I. Am. So. Psyched! One of my friends (Oli - may have seen him on the fb group) went up to Cambridge the other day to visit family, and he went and looked around Pembroke - our names are already up on those little boards at the bottom of the staircases! He sent me the pic of the AA staircase one with my name on it :biggrin: which means IT'S NOT A MISTAKE! They actually ARE expecting me to arrive, and there won't be the "Oh... you don't seem to be on our list..." moment which I have been envisaging for the past 8 or so months :p:
Sockpirate
I. Am. So. Psyched! One of my friends (Oli - may have seen him on the fb group) went up to Cambridge the other day to visit family, and he went and looked around Pembroke - our names are already up on those little boards at the bottom of the staircases! He sent me the pic of the AA staircase one with my name on it :biggrin: which means IT'S NOT A MISTAKE! They actually ARE expecting me to arrive, and there won't be the "Oh... you don't seem to be on our list..." moment which I have been envisaging for the past 8 or so months :p:

:jive:
Tortious
:jive:

Indeedy :laugh:

Now just to wait... :nutcase:
Sockpirate
Indeedy :laugh:

Now just to wait... :nutcase:

That's exactly how I feel.

Why else would I be on TSR at this hour? :lol:
Tortious
That's exactly how I feel.

Why else would I be on TSR at this hour? :lol:

Haha yes.. I think my sleep pattern needs sorting out - this feels early to me :sigh: got back from babysitting at 1, and have been awake ever since! I figured I'd while away my time on TSR :p:

I'm also currently trying to plan my outfit for the heroes and villains bop :mmm:
Sockpirate
Haha yes.. I think my sleep pattern needs sorting out - this feels early to me :sigh: got back from babysitting at 1, and have been awake ever since! I figured I'd while away my time on TSR :p:

I'm also currently trying to plan my outfit for the heroes and villains bop :mmm:

What do you mean, "plan"? I'm going as a burglar! :awesome:
I'm not looking forward to the themed parties, I got nothin'. There's a circus one where I'll dress as an audience member, and a school one where I'll wear half a suit. Why do they have to be themed -_-
Tomato_Soup1992
I'm not looking forward to the themed parties, I got nothin'. There's a circus one where I'll dress as an audience member, and a school one where I'll wear half a suit. Why do they have to be themed -_-

You're not meant to have stuff already - the whole idea is that you go bop shopping to construct your costume. :yep:
alex_hk90
You're not meant to have stuff already - the whole idea is that you go bop shopping to construct your costume. :yep:

Tetris came to mind when I read that XD.
Tortious
What do you mean, "plan"? I'm going as a burglar! :awesome:

I'm going as batgirl, at the last check I believeee :awesome: (although liable to change)

Also, you must genuinely not sleep?! I just have a messed up sleeping pattern and wake up reaaallyyyyy late, but you posted at basically 4am and 7am! :zomg:
Sockpirate
I'm going as batgirl, at the last check I believeee :awesome: (although liable to change)

Also, you must genuinely not sleep?! I just have a messed up sleeping pattern and wake up reaaallyyyyy late, but you posted at basically 4am and 7am! :zomg:

No, today's a one off. My sister has gone to Alton Towers with school and they left at 7:45am, so she had two friends over to save their mums having to drop them off early this morning. I thought "it'll be fine if they get me up, daytime TV isn't that good anyway so I'll catch it up with a nap if necessary". They woke me up at 7:15am. Still no nap, but the tea seems to be doing its job. :teehee:
Tomato_Soup1992
Tetris came to mind when I read that XD.

Am I right in thinking our first bop at Queens' is 'Back to School' on the Friday?
Reply 1152
I was wondering how long it takes to set up the internet?
I'm coming up on Wednesday and was just wondering if I'd already be able to get the internet thing sorted or whether I'd have to wait a while? :P
I'm actually packing at last :biggrin:
I seem to have an awful lot of clothes...how come I always think I have nothing to wear? :p:
This is really exciting though, not long now :awesome:
ClaireW2708
I seem to have an awful lot of clothes...how come I always think I have nothing to wear? :p:

You're packing? What day do you go? :s-smilie:
ClaireW2708

Ahh I started putting things in a box yesterday, but I have realised how much more stuff I need to get! I am going shopping later today, and also on thursday/friday to get everything I need :colondollar:

I can't beliieveeee it's so soon though! I am both excited and terrified at the same time! :eek4:
Sockpirate
Ahh I started putting things in a box yesterday, but I have realised how much more stuff I need to get! I am going shopping later today, and also on thursday/friday to get everything I need :colondollar:

I can't beliieveeee it's so soon though! I am both excited and terrified at the same time! :eek4:

Tell me about it. I'm still sure they've made a mistake and that I will get there, be given some esoteric essay to write and just flounder for a few days, before they realise their error and boot me out. :o:
Cla
I was wondering how long it takes to set up the internet?
I'm coming up on Wednesday and was just wondering if I'd already be able to get the internet thing sorted or whether I'd have to wait a while? :P

At our college it's near-instantaneous - they give you the passwords and instructions when you arrive. :smile:
Reply 1158
Ahh I'm freaking out instead of packing or being excited..
because unlike most people I have a last minute essay to write :frown:
Sapientia
You're packing? What day do you go? :s-smilie:

Saturday. But I have to get most stuff at least vaguely sorted by Thursday because that's my mum's day off, and she can go shopping with me for anything I don't have. The current most major missing thing is a corkscrew :p:
ave either
Oh and Izzy - there's loads of stuff I don't have too. I'm just trying to figure out what I do have and how I'm going to get it into the car :biggrin:

Iche
Ahh I'm freaking out instead of packing or being excited..
because unlike most people I have a last minute essay to write :frown:

Aw, that sucks :frown: Bit evil to set you work before you're even there!

Latest

Trending

Trending