The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Woah, in London now, going to Cambridge tomorrow. Why does the internationals orientation thingie start at such a brutal hour as 8.45 am. Hmm, I guess I will go anyway, but still, 8.45...
Reply 1181
Scade
Woah, in London now, going to Cambridge tomorrow. Why does the internationals orientation thingie start at such a brutal hour as 8.45 am. Hmm, I guess I will go anyway, but still, 8.45...

They've got to make sure they rub in the jet lag :p:
Reply 1182
aKarma
They've got to make sure they rub in the jet lag :p:

Well, luckily for me it works just fine, because it is actually later in Finland so it would only be 10:45 am. Although they might succeed anyways due to the fact that I had to wake up today at 3:30 am UK time for my flight here, and knowing my need for sleep it will probably take a week to get over that :rolleyes: .
Scade

Haha, I took one look at the time and decided not to bother with it. I'm fairly sure it's more useful to just hang around your college and talk to people, anyway.
Reply 1184
Still haven't finished packing...tomorrrow is almost here
Jabroni
Still haven't finished packing...tomorrrow is almost here

I haven't um, started packing. This could be problematic. :eek3:
Weird question, but do the colleges (specifically Homerton) have a wireless internet network? I bought a wireless printer so I hope so...
clarehistory101
Weird question, but do the colleges (specifically Homerton) have a wireless internet network? I bought a wireless printer so I hope so...

They might have Lapwing or Eduroam but I doubt you want to be sharing your wireless printer with everyone so I don't see how that's relevant. Surely you could just run the printer off a USB port?
alex_hk90
They might have Lapwing or Eduroam but I doubt you want to be sharing your wireless printer with everyone so I don't see how that's relevant. Surely you could just run the printer off a USB port?

I'm an idiot - I bought the printer a while ago and tried to set it up today, only to find that it requires a wireless network and doesn't come with a USB cable. It has a USB port but I'm going to have to get a cable before I use it.
clarehistory101
I'm an idiot - I bought the printer a while ago and tried to set it up today, only to find that it requires a wireless network and doesn't come with a USB cable. It has a USB port but I'm going to have to get a cable before I use it.

Avoid PC World or other high-street stores, that will rip you off by only providing the £20 Belkin USB cables - unless you're in a hurry, look online instead.
Totally in Downing right now :love:
My room is amazing, and yeah... I can't believe I'm in Cambridge!!!!!!! :smile:
Ahhh moving in today :eek4:
Sockpirate
Ahhh moving in today :eek4:

Have fun! :smile:
alex_hk90
Have fun! :smile:

I did have fiun thanksv - was fantastic! wne tot life with my colelge parents, and just got back :biggrin: yayy

also my room sis amzing- -apparently it was a scholars room last year or soemthing?! but yeah, it;'s awsome :h:

I am loveingm Pembroke, won't lie :thumbsup:
Wow guys!!! Ah to all of you lot who were in the applicants thread last year - I'm so proud of you -sheds a tear- and I hope you have an amazing time! Sadly I mucked up one module of my A2s and ended up with A*AB and so won't be applying Cambridge - sad times :p:. But you guys are mega talented people and totally take advantage of walking around Cambridge like you own it, and chilling in the colleges and all of that. I wasn't too fussed about not applying again, but now that the deadline's almost here, I'm getting a little wistful about what ifs. I intend on living vicariously through you lot so have a great time and go be geeky for me!
Much love,
Olivia
xxxx
Sockpirate
I did have fiun thanksv - was fantastic! wne tot life with my colelge parents, and just got back :biggrin: yayy

also my room sis amzing- -apparently it was a scholars room last year or soemthing?! but yeah, it;'s awsome :h:

I am loveingm Pembroke, won't lie :thumbsup:

lol - someone's had a few! :h: And yeah, I heard a lot of our year didn't take up scholar's rooms so they were given to Freshers. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending