The Student Room Group
I think they won't know unless the uni request you to give them your UMS (like Cambridge)
Reply 2
Blair_Waldorf
I think they won't know unless the uni request you to give them your UMS (like Cambridge)

*out of topic*
How will uni knoe our UMS sore???
Do we have to type-in in Ucas or Uni will ask individually..
Reply 3
cazzy-joe
*out of topic*
How will uni knoe our UMS sore???
Do we have to type-in in Ucas or Uni will ask individually..

Cambridge ask you to fill in an online questionnaire once you have applied on which you need to enter all your UMS scores.

You have the option in UCAS to declare individual module grades, but not UMS marks.

If you got exceptionally high UMS scores in exams, this will probably be mentioned in your academic reference that is sent to the universities.
Reply 4
cyborg
Cambridge ask you to fill in an online questionnaire once you have applied on which you need to enter all your UMS scores.

You have the option in UCAS to declare individual module grades, but not UMS marks.

If you got exceptionally high UMS scores in exams, this will probably be mentioned in your academic reference that is sent to the universities.

WELLL thankss!!:biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 5
4F1
I got AABB in Economics, law, sociology and maths at AS level. Anyway I want to apply for Economics at Uni and my chosen uni require B in maths. Even though i got a B in maths, it was a very low B. Will they look at my UMS mark and will this disadvantage me as they might think I am in danger of falling into the C category???

What uni are you looking at?
also check out the stickies in the economics forum.
nope, unless they specifically request to independently from UCAS, like Cambridge do.
Reply 7
4F1
OP
Paulwhy
What uni are you looking at?
also check out the stickies in the economics forum.

Im lookin at birmingham, manchester, leeds, liverpool, sheffield
Reply 8
4F1
I got AABB in Economics, law, sociology and maths at AS level. Anyway I want to apply for Economics at Uni and my chosen uni require B in maths. Even though i got a B in maths, it was a very low B. Will they look at my UMS mark and will this disadvantage me as they might think I am in danger of falling into the C category??

4F1
Im lookin at birmingham, manchester, leeds, liverpool, sheffield

I think you will be ok to get offers at pretty much all the non-top 11 econ unis.
Just need to think more about what grades you could get in a worse case and best case scenario.
And work on making sure not end up with Maths C. e.g. do some AS maths resits.
Reply 9
4F1
OP

Spoiler

dddd

Latest

Trending

Trending