The Student Room Group

WJEC getting A star at A Level with a B in AS Level

I got a B overall in my AS Media. However, my coursework was an A and my exam was a B that was six marks off an A. If I work for an A star at A Level (knowing that AS is worth 40% and A Level is worth 60%) can I still get an A star by the end of year 13 to apply to uni with? Or is 40% being a B and 60% hopefully being an A star gonna drag me down to an A?
Original post by literature_owl
I got a B overall in my AS Media. However, my coursework was an A and my exam was a B that was six marks off an A. If I work for an A star at A Level (knowing that AS is worth 40% and A Level is worth 60%) can I still get an A star by the end of year 13 to apply to uni with? Or is 40% being a B and 60% hopefully being an A star gonna drag me down to an A?

I think you would need to get 90% UMS to get an A* overall.
Depends on your UMS, but honestly I think it's best to just focus on performing as best you can in your subjects and when applying to uni, consider best/worst case scenarios in terms of looking at a range of Unis to apply to
Just checked and I have a 090 UMS displayed next to my exam I got a B grade in. Its not a problem if I don't get the A* by the end of the year 13 exams I take to uni, just wanted to know if it wasn't impossible as I am applying to highly competitive places (this is because my prospective career is competitive)

Quick Reply

Latest