The Student Room Group

Which offer is better for Engineering?

Okay so sadly results day didn't go exactly as planned :frown: and I missed my offer and came out with ACC (Biology, Maths, Physics) and a C in AS Chemistry which gives me a total of 320 points.
I've been going through the seven circles of hell that is clearing and so far have these offers:

BEng Aerospace Engineering at Queen Mary of London

BEng Mechanical and Medical Engineering at Hull

BEng Medical Engineering at Swansea

Orginally I was certain with Aerospace Engineering but now I've looked into it (I hadn't really considered it that much before) I think Medical Engineering might suit me just as well if not more so and it seems fascinating and like it might have a more secure future and it's just that I was incredibly focussed on aerospace engineering before...

So yes what would you do or has anyone got any general opinions on the universities or the courses? I'm a little bit daunted by the fact Queen Mary is in London tbh...

And Queen Mary is saying I only have till 10am tomorrow to take up their offer so I'd really appreciate any quick replies
Reply 1
I'd go with Queen Mary, its what you wanted to do in the first place, and although its in London its still a campus uni, great nightlife and really good socially. One of my friends goes there and they absolutely love it.
Reply 2
kvs_123
I'd go with Queen Mary, its what you wanted to do in the first place, and although its in London its still a campus uni, great nightlife and really good socially. One of my friends goes there and they absolutely love it.

Hey thanks for your opinion :smile:. I did decide to go accept Queen Mary's offer in the end :woo: as it definately was best to stick to what I wanted to do and it's apparently a campus university so like you said it doesn't need to be that frightening and I can spend more time on campus whilst I get used to it.
So much for all the horror stories. I survived clearing 2010! :biggrin:
PinkGothicLady
Hey thanks for your opinion :smile:. I did decide to go accept Queen Mary's offer in the end :woo: as it definately was best to stick to what I wanted to do and it's apparently a campus university so like you said it doesn't need to be that frightening and I can spend more time on campus whilst I get used to it.

Congrats! :yep:
PinkGothicLady
Hey thanks for your opinion :smile:. I did decide to go accept Queen Mary's offer in the end :woo: as it definitely was best to stick to what I wanted to do and it's apparently a campus university so like you said it doesn't need to be that frightening and I can spend more time on campus whilst I get used to it.

Congrats! :hugs:
Reply 5
Thankyou guys :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending