The Student Room Group

AS and A-Level physics resources thread

Scroll to see replies

Why don't you travel forward in time by reaching the speed of light to find out the context of the exam?
Hi wilko... is there any chance you can upload the jan 2011 paper please, i can't seem to find it anywere XD thanks
I have recently started doing past papers for this unit just because i only have access to two of these papers. These were june 2010 and jan 2011, does anyone know ehere i can get other varieties of this unit ??? I urgently need it to improve my exam technique.

Bye all, appreciate it. :smile:
Reply 183
Original post by shadowkilla
Hi wilko... is there any chance you can upload the jan 2011 paper please, i can't seem to find it anywere XD thanks

Sorry I don't have an electronic copy, only a hard copy.
Original post by sac99
does anyone know any websites that have edexcel unit 1 physics past papers on mechanics and matericals... PLEASE?? :smile: thankyou

are you talking about the new or old syllabus? :s-smilie:
Reply 185
Does anyone have the question paper and marking scheme edexcel physics 6PH07 unit 3B January 2009 ?? Please if anyone have them can u upload them or send me a link ??
Thanks
Reply 186
hey guys I have the g482 ocr physics jan 2011 paper....

there is a question at the end...which i cnt do, wondering if any1 could help:smile:

8c) in space, a beam of photons of different energies passes throgh a cloud of atomic hydrogen gas. explain, with reasons,, what is likely to happen to photons of energy 19.38*10-19 and to osme of the hydrogen atoms?

thanks in advance guys....:biggrin:
Reply 187
.....anyone......
Reply 188
:frown:cum on guys.....someone must know............
Original post by taunt
hey guys I have the g482 ocr physics jan 2011 paper....

there is a question at the end...which i cnt do, wondering if any1 could help:smile:

8c) in space, a beam of photons of different energies passes throgh a cloud of atomic hydrogen gas. explain, with reasons,, what is likely to happen to photons of energy 19.38*10-19 and to osme of the hydrogen atoms?

thanks in advance guys....:biggrin:

Hey, it would help if you posted the questions from 8A to 8C. I'm not entirely sure that the information you have provided is sufficient.
Reply 190
is anyone sitting the resit for edexcel unit 1 on the 24th may !! can anyone do some revision questions with me on here please?
Hiya.. does anyone know where I can get unit 2,4 and 5 practice questions other than past papers?
Reply 192
needing help on de broglie, as in ive never done it. anyone care to help me? :smile:
Reply 193
Original post by shyro1000
needing help on de broglie, as in ive never done it. anyone care to help me? :smile:

The photoelectric effet shows that light can be regarded as made up of particles (photons), despite all that double slit / polarisation / modulation stuff that shows that it can be regarded as a wave.

De Broglie suggested that the same happens in reverse - things we are happy to think of as particles can also be thought of as waves. The de Broglie equation tells you the wavelength λ\lambda of a piece of matter with mass mm and velocity vv, λ=hmv\lambda=\frac{h}{mv}, where hh is Planck's Constant.

So, the wavelength of matter depends on its mass and how fast it is moving. The reason we don't see people behaving like waves, for example, diffracting when they walk through doors, is that the wavelength of a person walking at one metre per second is very, very small (work it out!) and is not of the same order of magnitue as the width of the doorway.

In an exam; you will be expected to apply the above equation. You may also need to combine it with the transfer equation, eV=12mv2eV = \frac{1}{2}mv^2, which lets you calculate the velocity of an electron accelerated from rest by a potential difference of VV volts.
Hi everyone :smile:

Could someone say me where i could find the mark scheme of the Physics AS Edexcel unit 2 exam paper of the day 21 May 2009 ? It´s paper reference iS 6PH02/01 . Please help me :confused::crossedf:

PS : I found the exam paper here , but i cant find the mark scheme ...
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by valenciano
Hi everyone :smile:

Could someone say me where i could find the mark scheme of the Physics AS Edexcel unit 2 exam paper of the day 21 May 2009 ? It´s paper reference iS 6PH02/01 . Please help me :confused::crossedf:

PS : I found the exam paper here , but i cant find the mark scheme ...

here u go :smile:
Thank you :smile:
Does anyone have the Jan 2011 Unit 2 paper for edexcel???? If so pleaseee send it ASAP. Thanks in advance
Reply 198
Original post by Pangol
The photoelectric effet shows that light can be regarded as made up of particles (photons), despite all that double slit / polarisation / modulation stuff that shows that it can be regarded as a wave.

De Broglie suggested that the same happens in reverse - things we are happy to think of as particles can also be thought of as waves. The de Broglie equation tells you the wavelength λ\lambda of a piece of matter with mass mm and velocity vv, λ=hmv\lambda=\frac{h}{mv}, where hh is Planck's Constant.

So, the wavelength of matter depends on its mass and how fast it is moving. The reason we don't see people behaving like waves, for example, diffracting when they walk through doors, is that the wavelength of a person walking at one metre per second is very, very small (work it out!) and is not of the same order of magnitue as the width of the doorway.

In an exam; you will be expected to apply the above equation. You may also need to combine it with the transfer equation, eV=12mv2eV = \frac{1}{2}mv^2, which lets you calculate the velocity of an electron accelerated from rest by a potential difference of VV volts.

thank you, i was gonna make a thread about de broglie equation and ask about it.. i never took the equation, i took the experiment for it when electrons are ejected towards a crystal, diffraction happens, but it has to be the same order of magnitude as its wavelength.
then yesterday i saw this booklet i have with alot of multiple questions giving a graph of intensity against wavelength and asking how voltage can be determined from it, the answer is minimum wavelength of the X-rays produced.
Reply 199
heres the question:

Answer is: B

Quick Reply

Latest