The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Oh my posts like this annoy me, how can you hate something you clearly know nothing about, because that statement you made was a blatant one, with no reason whatsoever. Have you ever travelled the world? It isn't only Muslim girls that cover their heads you know, there are many different people in the world who chose to cover their head...not muslims. you hate them too? The covering of the head dates back to the early days of Christianity too. You hate that too? Please explain futher, why you 'hate' it, because right now to me you seem like an uneducated person in this subject, who created this post because you were bored and wanted to stir up some trouble.
Reply 61
TomInce6666
Ohh. Cool :smile: haha. What i also dont understand, is is it compulsory for muslims to wear the hijab or burka? i know many muslims who dont. and are there different sects of islam who encourage the wearing of this dress?

wearing hijab means wearing modest clothes which cover your entire body (minus face, hands and some scholars say feet). the clothes shouldnt be see-through or tight fitting. hijab also includes covering your hair and chest. keeping that meaning in mind, yes the hijab is compulsory.

the burka on the the other hand includes covering the face and this is not compulsory. some scholars believe it is but the majority maintain that covering the face is a choice that should be made by the muslim woman and no one else.

having said that some cultures force their children to wear the burka. in fact one of my friends fathers forces her to cover her face. but we're all working on it. :biggrin:
metallica nutter
hijabs vs whores :lol:

You need to stop making stupid threads, your life must be pathetic lol.
Reply 63
why should that annoy anyone?
You know what annoys me, men that dont shave their armpit hair, gross, but I don't really start a thread about it:confused:
OP is a troll. Wanted to start an argument.
Reply 65
I find it hillarious that the person who created this post is not even commenting back to the people who disagree with him, thankyou for proving the last couple of words above right :smile:
The two reasons why I dislike (which I'd differentiate from hate as being a much more passionate, burning and destructive emotion) the hijab is because I interpret it as a political statement (which is my issue, not the issue of the wearer) and because I think it's sad that people who wear it choose to hide their hair in a semi-permanent manner - i.e. it's not like a hat which you often take off when going inside buildings, or something that you wear because it's cold or rainy (or even very sunny) outside.

This I differentiate from veils/burka's/niqabs and garments that cover the face, which (in my opinion) is a local and a national security issue - my view is that law enforcement agencies and members of the public need to be able to identify and differentiate visually between people for the purposes of crime prevention and detection and prosecution. However, I also am aware that the issue itself is one that divides a lot of people who take the perfectly reasonable view that the state should have no say in what people should and should not wear. However, on peaceful protests that I've been to in the past (mainly environmental), demonstrators were ordered by the police to remove items covering their face. I've not seen that when religious protestors with veils have done the same thing - yet we're all supposed to be equal before the law. It's the stuff like that which I think gives the impression (rightly or wrongly) that there's one law for one group of people, and another for everyone else. This is one of the reasons people have given for getting involved with people like the EDL or BNP.
Reply 67
Some sort of boat
because it stands for everything that is wrong with the eastern countries.

and what would that be?
Reply 68
Some sort of boat
Yeah, so your husbands don't beat the crap out of you for not wearing it :smile:

And, disliking your headscarf's is really not a loss for me, at all.

You say you'd rather not spend the night arguing with someone as to the reasons why you dislike the headscarf so much, but then you spend it on the forum anyway coming out with these random bullshet comments. Get a life.
CharlieBee_90
Calling me a bitch, you're mature. I can tell you want me to take you really seriously. :rolleyes:

My point is I never see these people speaking out against hijabs doing the same for the sex industry. TSR is full of anti Islam threads, their excuse for it almost always that it is "degrading to women". I rarely see one highlighting the issue of sex trafficking in Western Europe, or the flaws within Christianity. It's always the Muslims getting singled out.

It's quite obvious they are trying to disguise their xenophobia with compassion.

Remind me to rep you tomorrow:smile:
Reply 70
Casse
You hate them because you realise they are right.

You hate them because they stand for honour, dignity, modesty, chastity etc. whereas you would prefer them to dress like the drunken whores that litter the streets on saturday nights.

REAL TALKS. exactly this
Reply 71
sadasfa
dont care :dontknow:

would an old white woman wearing a scarf on her head annoy you too? :teeth:

very tru, i agree with you.

in this country we all have something called freedomm of speech and to do everything else. so why then should someone else take that away from a person. its none of anyones business what people do with their life.
Reply 72
muslim girls aren't very attractive so I don't want to see their faces. I am also very tolerant of other religions so I think they have a right to wear the hijab.
i have tbh and say the headscarf makes a girl look ugly in my eyes...thats the main reason why i hate it...also it makes the person look embarrassingly out of place in british society
Reply 74
Naffy
No its because Im shallow and a girl's hair is very important to me :rolleyes:

Sorry :frown: forgot that women who wear scarves are bald :frown: my bad.
metallica nutter
i have tbh and say the headscarf makes a girl look ugly in my eyes...thats the main reason why i hate it...also it makes the person look embarrassingly out of place in british society

cool
Casse
You hate them because you realise they are right.

You hate them because they stand for honour, dignity, modesty, chastity etc. whereas you would prefer them to dress like the drunken whores that litter the streets on saturday nights.

:smile: +Rep for definate
Prince Rhyus
The two reasons why I dislike (which I'd differentiate from hate as being a much more passionate, burning and destructive emotion) the hijab is because I interpret it as a political statement (which is my issue, not the issue of the wearer) and because I think it's sad that people who wear it choose to hide their hair in a semi-permanent manner - i.e. it's not like a hat which you often take off when going inside buildings, or something that you wear because it's cold or rainy (or even very sunny) outside.

I find it sad that you think its a symbol for Islamic extremism, because what other "political statement" do you mean? Do you not reckon that Muslim women wear the veil out of devotion to their faith, rather than to cause debate or to declare their political or religious stance.
Reply 78
metallica nutter
you dont deserve to go to kings

LOL stfu. Why? Because I don't agree with your viewpoint? Because I think you're narrow minded and unaccepting? You seem to be ignoring the fact that the UK really is a diverse country with so many different cultures integrated into it. And if you're not willing to accept that then why don't you move somewhere where there will be noone wearing scarves? Of course that includes making sure you don't live near a church with nuns, and make sure you knock on all your neighbors doors to make sure none of the old ladies wear headscarves!
metallica nutter
dunno why but i hate just seeing them wear it...anyone else agree?

As someone said somewhere in this post..

OP i wear the Hijab, and i only started recently, and tbh i dont care if you hate seeing us wear the Hijab. You just don't know the true meaning of it..

And if i was you, i would get a life and perhaps not make such stupid threads..You pussy

Latest

Trending

Trending