The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 840
Original post by Doctor.
<---They'll probably reject me in the last batch then...

Cheers for telling me: "people with A*AA already acheived" have got interviews.... :eek:

Sorry didn't mean to alarm, I'm just hoping they interview us resitters in feb/march. We can only hope :rolleyes:
Original post by Aysh161
So scared about not getting any interviews this year it doesn't help that liverpool are interviewing people with A*AA already acheived. it scares me to think of our chances as resat applicants :/ I'm not feeling optimistic at all considering I had 3 offers last year, I'm not sure if I'll even get one interview. Anyone feeling the same way

Are you sure about this??
They're not the only candidates being offered interviews from Liverpool. I know a few people on TSR who got interviews but had predicted grades. Also know people personally who applied to Liverpool with already achieved A*A*A and haven't heard back yet so please don't overwhelm this thread with doom and gloom :tongue:
Liverpool have said interviews are being handed out randomly (no correlation between interview invite and most preferred applicant or anything) so I'd like to think we're still in with a chance..
Reply 842
Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek
They're not the only candidates being offered interviews from Liverpool. I know a few people on TSR who got interviews but had predicted grades. Also know people personally who applied to Liverpool with already achieved A*A*A and haven't heard back yet so please don't overwhelm this thread with doom and gloom :tongue:
Liverpool have said interviews are being handed out randomly (no correlation between interview invite and most preferred applicant or anything) so I'd like to think we're still in with a chance..

I didn't say they have decided not to interview anyone else I just said I know they are interviewing some people with A*AA achieved. Of course it's still possible for candidates to recieve interview invites. As well as it being perfectly plausible that they still have UCAS applications to go through. Didn't mean to depress anyone, sorry if that's been the case
Original post by Aysh161
I didn't say they have decided not to interview anyone else I just said I know they are interviewing some people with A*AA achieved. Of course it's still possible for candidates to recieve interview invites. As well as it being perfectly plausible that they still have UCAS applications to go through. Didn't mean to depress anyone, sorry if that's been the case

Lol misunderstanding
Sounded like you were saying Liverpool were interviewing candidates with A*AA first or something (which brings a whole new dilemma about Liverpool being A level whores - which we don't want them to be) Wording makes a huge difference :tongue:
Reply 844

Kaboom
Reply 845
Lol misunderstanding
Sounded like you were saying Liverpool were interviewing candidates with A*AA first or something (which brings a whole new dilemma about Liverpool being A level whores - which we don't want them to be) Wording makes a huge difference :tongue:[/

Yeah I see what you mean. Well fingers crossed we all get interviews :smile:
Original post by Aysh161
Yeah I see what you mean. Well fingers crossed we all get interviews :smile:

I hope we all do :smile:
Having the balls to still go through with another UCAS application has gotta count for something
Reply 847
Original post by eesha_25
I got an A in Chem 4 but a C in Chem 5, I had A in all my other Chem modules so it literally was just that one module that brought me down.

omg that's the exact same with me. I got my chem 5 remarkes and then it went down to a D. What exams are you retaking in jan?
I got a liverpool med interview all hope is not lost!
Reply 849
Original post by Abbasmerali

Congratulations, do you mind me asking what your stats are and what grades you have before resitting?
Thanks and well done
I had 6A*s and 4 As at GCSE, a **** tonne of work experience and volunteering and AABb at A level. A's Bio and chem, just RS to resit in june :smile: and i'm not sure if it matters but 712 ukcat average. Probably should add this is my second interview with them.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 851
I had 6A*s and 4 As at GCSE, a **** tonne of work experience and volunteering and AABb at A level. A's Bio and chem, just RS to resit in june :smile: and i'm not sure if it matters but 712 ukcat average. Probably should add this is my second interview with them.

Thanks and good luck!
Also, how much detail did you go into on your PS about resitting?

When did you get you interview?

Congrats for getting in :smile: so jealous!
I got it today and it's only in 2 weeks but didn't read it until i woke up a couple of hours ago lol I did actually devote a fair bit to my resit scenario. Its strange, i had the exact email a year ago to this day give or take a day.
Reply 854

Congrats, this gives me hope lol good luck for the interview :smile:
Reply 855

Well done! Hope it all goes well :smile:

Original post by aj2010
omg that's the exact same with me. I got my chem 5 remarkes and then it went down to a D. What exams are you retaking in jan?

I'm gonna retake both mod 4 and mod 5, thought might as well, what about you? I remarked mine too and it didn't change t all...how's revision going anyway? I'm finding it a lot harder away from a school environment.
Reply 856
Original post by eesha_25
Well done! Hope it all goes well :smile:

I'm gonna retake both mod 4 and mod 5, thought might as well, what about you? I remarked mine too and it didn't change t all...how's revision going anyway? I'm finding it a lot harder away from a school environment.

Welcome to the club :cool:. I'm re-doing, CHEM1, CHEM2 and CHEM5. An I also have more resits loool. :tongue:
Don't die on me thread! I need inspirational stories of resit applicant success to keep me going!!!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 858
Original post by BlackThought
Don't die on me thread! I need inspirational stories of resit applicant success to keep me going!!!

*inspires*-GO work NOW
Reply 859
We shall all be the inspirational stories of this thread!

Latest

Trending

Trending