The Student Room Group

Medical Satistics Research

Basically, in September I want to drop the computing module of my university course because I've spoken to my teachers and it shouldn't effect my degree for what I want to do.
Instead I want to do some research in my second year, and I want to do this on either Genetical Stats or Medical Statistics.
I've made personal assumptions that medical stats is a larger area, so probably easier to find a broader range of information on, however I thought I'd post this to see if there's anyone out there that could recommend a good subject area within medical stats that I could research further into, or some advice for how to find out where to start looking for something like that.
I've been asked by my teacher to find some academic survey papers for references to websites and text books, but I've never done this before and I don't really know how to go about finding good sources, but I don't want to keep hassling my teacher..
Anyway any help would be appreciated!
Thanks.
Reply 1
what kind of thing are you looking for?

The british medical journal has published various series of papers summarising medical stats for doctors, some of which have been brough together as books. These address statistics from the point of view of people who know the clinical stuff but little or nothing about statistics. I'm not sure if this is the sort of thing you're after?

http://www.csm-oxford.org.uk/publications/bmj-statistics-notes/

if what you want is actual clinical papers using statistical tests, just browse through some editions of the BMJ - there are loads of them.

Latest

Trending

Trending