The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Have you done GCSE level before hand? At my college you weren't allowed to do it at A Level without at least B GCSE. I'd say it would be near impossible starting straight from A Level with no prior knowledge.
If you've done say French before and remember any of it, then you should pick up Spanish quite easily, I took both french and spanish for A-Level and found Spanish a lot easier to cope with verb wise, and ended up getting an A for it whereas with French I got a C.
I would however attribute a lot of it to my teacher who was really good.
Reply 3
Spanish AS is mainly focusing on grammar and the A-level is more cultural.

I wouldn't say it's hard but its not that easy either.
Reply 4
With a GCSE in Spanish, Hard.

Without a GCSE in Spanish, Very Hard.
Reply 5
It was a breeze self-teaching myself because I did A-level French and German at school, but I'm good at languages and you say you haven't studied a language before. Once you got to an alright level you would definitely still need some help working out how to write essays for it at the very least, and maybe some conversation practice (even I had help with that a few times else I'd have gone into my oral exams without actually having spoken Spanish to anyone). It was easy for me because I knew what needed to be covered in AQA language A-levels. If you're not going to go to classes (or even if you are), make sure you get yourself a copy of the exam board's specification so you know what you need to do.

Latest

Trending

Trending