The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 1
I think we've got to wait till mid September mate, driving me bonkers all this waiting. See you there for Chem!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Fellow chemistry student reporting in.
I wouldn't worry too much to be honest, I would imagine they spend first few weeks just going over the stuff from A level just to bring everyone up to the same level.
Reply 3
Back in my day (2004 entry) there was NO reading list. Housecroft & Constable in the generic year 1 book but I wouldn't buy it, you won't use it outside of first year.

Organic Chemistry (CGWW), the big green one is a must and very useful throughout as is Atkins Physical Chemistry. You require 'Spectroscopic Methods in Organic Chemistry' for a 2nd year module and exam so it's wirth keeping your eyes open for cheap 2nd hand copies (I'm considering selling mine as I'm a phys chem).

Your new teaching labs are fantastic btw. (Yes I'm still there now as a PhD student)
Reply 4
Llama86
Back in my day (2004 entry) there was NO reading list. Housecroft & Constable in the generic year 1 book but I wouldn't buy it, you won't use it outside of first year.

Organic Chemistry (CGWW), the big green one is a must and very useful throughout as is Atkins Physical Chemistry. You require 'Spectroscopic Methods in Organic Chemistry' for a 2nd year module and exam so it's wirth keeping your eyes open for cheap 2nd hand copies (I'm considering selling mine as I'm a phys chem).

Your new teaching labs are fantastic btw. (Yes I'm still there now as a PhD student)

LET ME AT 'EM LET ME AT 'EM :biggrin: :woo:
Reply 5
We don't use the Atkins one anymore, although it's "recommended reading" we used "Physical Chemistry by Ira N. Levine" as main texts.
Inorganic (which i didnt use cause I'm biochem) is "Inorganic Chemistry by Peter Atkins, Tina Overton"
Organic is as stated before (CGWW... cant remember what they stand for but i think its Clayden Greeves and then the others i cant even come up with)

Oh btw this was 2009-2010 =)

Hope that helps =) and yes the labs are gucci lol
Reply 6
Hey fellow chembods. Anyone sitting Chemical Biology? I seem to be all alone so far :P

Latest