The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Get a job and pay for them.
Reply 21
Special Patrol
I wasn't trying to patronise you, I was asking because you refered to your sister's trouble with her retainer but I saw no reference to you personally having problems. I also thought you'd know that it's hard to get teeth perfect and that retainers could be very painful for some people, if you'd had them yourself seeing as the dentist should warn you about possible problems. Gee, if you get mad at someone just asking you if you'd had braces yourself, I don't see why you couldn't be a little more sensitive to sweetie999. Please calm down and set a good example as a moderator.

Wow, and if the last sentence wasn't patronising, I don't know what was!

My comment to sweetie asking why she didn't question them taking them off when they weren't straight was in response to her previous post which had sounded like she was complaining about that very thing. I know that it's not always possible to get everything perfect, but she obviously wasn't happy with that so I was wondering why she hadn't said/done anything at the time.

To be honest I didn't realise retainers were that painful - I thought they were just meant to hold the teeth in place once the braces had done the work, do that the bony sockets could regrow around them, rather than move them further.

Oh, and thanks to the person who neg repped me. Occasionally I am blunt, though obviously I'd show more discretion IRL. If patients are not compliant with treatment, and then expect everything for free, it is frustrating.
Helenia
Wow, and if the last sentence wasn't patronising, I don't know what was!

My comment to sweetie asking why she didn't question them taking them off when they weren't straight was in response to her previous post which had sounded like she was complaining about that very thing. I know that it's not always possible to get everything perfect, but she obviously wasn't happy with that so I was wondering why she hadn't said/done anything at the time.

To be honest I didn't realise retainers were that painful - I thought they were just meant to hold the teeth in place once the braces had done the work, do that the bony sockets could regrow around them, rather than move them further.

Oh, and thanks to the person who neg repped me. Occasionally I am blunt, though obviously I'd show more discretion IRL. If patients are not compliant with treatment, and then expect everything for free, it is frustrating.

Yeah I was going to add that I was now patronizing you seeing as you had exploded in a fit of rage over a simple question which I never intended to insult you, but I knew you were smart enough to work it out LOL. Seriously though, retainers can really hurt! I think for some people it's because they should have had braces on longer to stablise there teeth more. Other times I think they make poor mold of the teeth and thus ended up with a badly shaped retainer. They had to remake my top retainer because it was actually pushing my two front teeth apart and making a gap! They said they mold must have gone wonky when they pulled it from my teeth. After that, the only problem I had was jaw ache which I got used to. I'm glad your experience was relatively pain free :smile:
Reply 23
Darling, that was hardly a fit of rage. That was me pointing out my resentment at someone making assumptions about my knowledge on the subject. You haven't seen anything yet.
Reply 24
ok, let us know after u go to the dentist next week about the costs of veneers. yes some dentists tighten braces more than they should to speed up the process

Latest

Trending

Trending