The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Living at home

Is anybody out there living at home instead of lincoln???
carlheyes1
Is anybody out there living at home instead of lincoln???

Me! Atleast for the first months or so any way and even then I won't be living with other students. I only live uphill so it's a 40 minute or so walk and commuting isn't a problem at all but I am worried about the social aspect of it since alot of people will have ready made friendships from their uni housing and it is really tough breaking into already formed groups. I'm a bit older than the typical 18 year old students too as I'm 22. Argh! Are you worried about living at home at all?
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
It would be an extreme journey each day for me heh
Reply 3
clementinek
Me! Atleast for the first months or so any way and even then I won't be living with other students. I only live uphill so it's a 40 minute or so walk and commuting isn't a problem at all but I am worried about the social aspect of it since alot of people will have ready made friendships from their uni housing and it is really tough breaking into already formed groups. I'm a bit older than the typical 18 year old students too as I'm 22. Argh! Are you worried about living at home at all?

I'll be turning 20 after a couple of weeks of starting, and i think i would be more likely to make friends with people on the same course as me rather than people i'm living with. So i dont think you need to worry
Reply 4
im 21. yeah abit worried about living at home, especially regarding friendships.

Iv still not made my mind up whether to live there or not due to gf back home.
Reply 5
Im living at home but not worried about finding friends, there will be lots of people living at home who havent met anyone yet
I live at home.
Reply 7
I'll be living at home and am very worried about friendships too! I'll have about an hours travel to get to the uni on train.
Reply 8
Original post by LoopyLozza
I'll be living at home and am very worried about friendships too! I'll have about an hours travel to get to the uni on train.

i'm worried about that, i'm gonna be the same as you as far as travelling goes
Reply 9
Glad i'm not the only one :smile: Where are you commuting from?
Reply 10
I'm living at home too. It's an hours walk for me from the Ermine. Gonna feel quite out of the loop in freshers week, hope we get something through the post telling us what's going down.
Original post by Redimp
I'm living at home too. It's an hours walk for me from the Ermine. Gonna feel quite out of the loop in freshers week, hope we get something through the post telling us what's going down.

Hi there. I'm now going into my second year at Lincoln and I lived a few miles away from campus during my first year. I felt a little isolated during freshers but it hasn't made a difference to the rest of my uni experience. I hope you enjoy Lincoln and your course:biggrin:
Reply 12
Original post by xparadisepinkx
Hi there. I'm now going into my second year at Lincoln and I lived a few miles away from campus during my first year. I felt a little isolated during freshers but it hasn't made a difference to the rest of my uni experience. I hope you enjoy Lincoln and your course:biggrin:

Hey! Thanks that's reassuring to know. What course are you doing? :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by LoopyLozza
Glad i'm not the only one :smile: Where are you commuting from?

Me too! I'm commuting from Grimsby, what about you?
Reply 14
I'm sooort of living at home since my parents own a house about 15mins away from town...Im worried about it..but will eb living with 2nd years in simialr courses..so...maaay be okay
Reply 15
Original post by xparadisepinkx

Glad to hear that, reassures me a little about my decision :P
Reply 16
Original post by Laura24
Me too! I'm commuting from Grimsby, what about you?

Im going to be travelling from Retford :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest