The Student Room Group

do unis look down on media AS?

well i'm retaking my whole as year, redoing all my as levels again as i wasn't happy with my as grades (c,c,d,u). i'm redoing biology, chemistry, maths and history, but now im wondering whether i should do media as instead of history as its meant to be easier but i just wondering considering im redoing the whole year will unis look down on me if i do media instead of history, will they think i didn't redo history because i'm too stupid and found it hard, unis already wont like the fact im redoing the whole year, will they frown upon me more if i did media instead of history?
Reply 1
Depends what uni it is, if you want to apply to good unis, then they may frown upon you changing history to media.
But I don't think most universities will mind too much, it's still an A level!
yes, they will. very much so.
keep history or change to something else respected.
Reply 3
It depends on the Universities and course to which you are interested in applying. It is most suited to vocational degrees offered at former polytechnics. For academic courses, it will be a disadvantage, but Universities consider a range of factors when making offers.
Reply 4
It also depends on whether you will continue it to A2. If not then im sure they will not care, as it shows you are dropping the least academic one.
Oh they won't care about the media one as you are also taking biology, maths and chemistry!
Even the best of unis don't expect you to take all of the hardest subjects. Just 2 really.
Wow, talk about giving yourself a hard time with those subjects. D:
lagoom
well i'm retaking my whole as year, redoing all my as levels again as i wasn't happy with my as grades (c,c,d,u). i'm redoing biology, chemistry, maths and history, but now im wondering whether i should do media as instead of history as its meant to be easier but i just wondering considering im redoing the whole year will unis look down on me if i do media instead of history, will they think i didn't redo history because i'm too stupid and found it hard, unis already wont like the fact im redoing the whole year, will they frown upon me more if i did media instead of history?

Yes, they do.

Tbh, I would keep the subjects you have and try again; or even figure out whether A-levels are for you tbh.

But if you want to go for Media instead of History, go for it. Nothing's stopping you, but let's put it this way, if I were in your position, I would never even think of subject a think.

Honestly: 3 academic ASs + 1 **** AS is fine.

What's also important are the grades tbh. :yep:
Don't do it!
Reply 8
I did Media at AS with History, Eng lit and Biology and dropped Media after AS. None of my Uni Choices even asked about it, i got accepted by them all! As long as you keep the academic ones, no-one will care.

Latest

Trending

Trending