The Student Room Group

Should I take media studies as an extra subject

hi, im taking A level computer science, math and physics and I'm taking sociology as an extra humanities subject to make my college application more appealing ! i was considering taking media studies as another extra subject to help with my college applications however most online advice suggests against media studies and now I'm confused. do universities not see it as a unique subject and look down on it ? should I not opt for it then ? any help would be great !
Original post by marieantoinette_
hi, im taking A level computer science, math and physics and I'm taking sociology as an extra humanities subject to make my college application more appealing ! i was considering taking media studies as another extra subject to help with my college applications however most online advice suggests against media studies and now I'm confused. do universities not see it as a unique subject and look down on it ? should I not opt for it then ? any help would be great !

What are you hoping to study at university?
As for UK universities, they only require 3 A-levels and doing a 4th could put you at a disadvantage if you can't do well in all of them.

Quick Reply

Latest