The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I got an offer this year for BBB with my course, so I even put it as my Insurance. It's definitely worth it. I got AAB last year, but like I said, they only asked for BBB in the end.
Reply 2
Thanks guys :smile:
Reply 3
AlexR.92
Hey, i'm planning on doing Economics with Geography for 2011 entry and i'm considering Edinburgh. I got ABBcc at AS, and am wondering if it's worth applying because i've heard most people below AAB don't get offers. However, the entry requirements are BBB, which were confirmed when I emailed them. My dad seems to reckon they still probably want AAA-AAB, so do you reckon it's worth an application?

BBB is merely their absolute minimum standard. They have a points system for determining how they offer places:
-Points for being predicted above the minimum- the higher above it the better.
-Points for going to a state school with poor results & little history of sending applicants to good unis
-Points for living in Northern England/Scotland
-Points for being the first in the family to go to university

A friend of mine who was predicted AAA and is off to Oxbridge now, and is the first in her family to go to uni got rejected from there.
Reply 4
well predicted grades usually send you up a notch, so maybe AAB? you might have a chance, I really loved the look of edinburgh myself, but it's a bit too far for me, shame!

Latest

Trending

Trending