The Student Room Group

Unis for Eng Lit?

No uni interests me for my final choice, anyone have any recs? Any grade requirements are ok :smile:
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 1
What are your grade predictions - and where else are you applying, and their entry requirements?
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
What are your grade predictions - and where else are you applying, and their entry requirements?

Grade predictions are As and A*s, I have a range mainly on AAB side; QUB(ABB), Birmingham(AAB), Ulster(CCC), Loughborough(AAB).
Original post by sgreen545
Grade predictions are As and A*s, I have a range mainly on AAB side; QUB(ABB), Birmingham(AAB), Ulster(CCC), Loughborough(AAB).

It is difficult to recommend university as every course is different as are places. With As and As have you looked at Durham. It is renowned for its English course. Why are you looking at a CCC university as that is way below expectations. Given your expectations universities in the A*AA to ABB appear to cover most boxes
Reply 4
Eng Lit depends very much on what you are interested in - ie. all Eng degrees are different and cover different topics, eras of literature etc.

If you have A/A* predictions, its worth looking at Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle, Edinburgh etc.
Reply 5
Original post by swanseajack1
It is difficult to recommend university as every course is different as are places. With As and As have you looked at Durham. It is renowned for its English course. Why are you looking at a CCC university as that is way below expectations. Given your expectations universities in the A*AA to ABB appear to cover most boxes

thank u! ill start thinking about changing ulster and ill defo look into Durham!
Reply 6
Original post by McGinger
Eng Lit depends very much on what you are interested in - ie. all Eng degrees are different and cover different topics, eras of literature etc.

If you have A/A* predictions, its worth looking at Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle, Edinburgh etc.

thank u ill check them all out!!!!! thanks sm!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending