The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

.Ali.
No, I actually understood it. He's saying their ideas are nice, and they appear to be good at face value, but when it comes down to it, you realise their ideology doesn't work.

Yeah! I`m glad you understood since everyone says they cant , i`m from Northern Europe and English is my second language , so i`m fine with someone saying i write like a 5 year old , but i do think my point is legit.
Reply 21
Fynch101
I'm a tory, but you're such a moron.

I've been reading your posts for a while, first you came out with some **** about jack wills being worth the money, then when people abused you you called them jealous, then about a week later you came out with a thread about how the tax system is unfair on the rich.

All OP has done is taken a quote from a famous republican, paraphrased it and passed it off as his own. I'd like to think people supporting david cameron have the brains to realise this before just sitting and nodding at everything anyone says as long at it follows the party line. What OP said was complete ********, liberal people are responsible for so many great things that happened in the world. What OP said was a terrible generalisation. Please use your brains and stop embarrassing the political party I associate myself with.

Well done, we're both Torys but we have different opinions. There are varying degrees of it. I don't want to get involved in an argument, but IMO, Jack Wills is worth the money and the tax system is unfair, you'll find many people who agree with both. Also, I have nothing against liberal people, I just don't agree with their ideology.
Reply 22
.Ali.
Was that necessary?:rolleyes:

It's called a joke. :yep:

But no, of course it wasn't.
Apologies for any offence caused.
Reply 23
OpenMindedRepublic
Yeah! I`m glad you understood since everyone says they cant , i`m from Northern Europe and English is my second language , so i`m fine with someone saying i write like a 5 year old , but i do think my point is legit.

Yeah I get what you mean, I didn't think it was that hard to understand tbh. :yep:
Reply 24
Mann18
I agree with you too, she's clearly a Tory because her parents are, whereas you obviously believe in the ideology, which is fine.

Exactly. There are so many like her its unbearable. I'm only a tory really on economic principles, in general quite liberal which is good because it fits in with conservative future but apparently not with the rest of the party.
Reply 25
OpenMindedRepublic

I am sorry for saying you write like a 5-year old, I was not aware English isn't your first language.
Reply 26
Mann18
It's called a joke. :yep:

But no, of course it wasn't.
Apologies for any offence caused.

Haha don't worry I'm not offended, I was partially joking with that as well, I've learnt not to take things too seriously on here anyway. :p:
Reply 27
Mann18
I agree with you too, she's clearly a Tory because her parents are, whereas you obviously believe in the ideology, which is fine.

Actually no, I'm a Tory because I support their views. Sorry if they offend you or anything, but they're just my opinions. I'm not forcing them on you or anything.
Reply 28
.Ali.
Well done, we're both Torys but we have different opinions. There are varying degrees of it. I don't want to get involved in an argument, but IMO, Jack Wills is worth the money and the tax system is unfair, you'll find many people who agree with both. Also, I have nothing against liberal people, I just don't agree with their ideology.

Explain:
-Why Jack Wills is worth the money
-Why the tax system is unfair
Mann18
The OP reads like it was written by a 5-year old.
How you were able to understand anything in it is incredible.

Methinks you're just saying this because it appears to slate Liberals.

I understood it tbh, though it could have been written better.

He compares liberals to teachers who sacrifice what is needed for what is desired; leading to initial acclamation followed by subsequent antipathy when the consequences of such ill focussed teaching set in during exam period hence woolly haired liberalism.

Personally, I think the OP needs to differentiate between the different strains within liberalism and indeed libertarianism but that may be perhaps beyond the scope of classroom analogies.
Reply 30
.Ali.
Actually no, I'm a Tory because I support their views. Sorry if they offend you or anything, but they're just my opinions. I'm not forcing them on you or anything.

What would those views be and why do you support them?
Reply 31
.Ali.

You don't want to get involved with an argument because you have nothing to say. The party does not need your kind, please go away.

What do you think a liberal ideology is?

Because I would say that not agreeing with their ideology probably means you think the following:

Homosexuality should be illegal
The death penalty should be reinstated
There should be a flat rate of tax rather than a progressive rate
All drugs other than alcohol should be illegal

prove me wrong?
Reply 32
OpenMindedRepublic
you know the type most mediocre students LOVE , but come exam time you realize you did indeed liked the ideas , but never really understood that ideas alone dont work. And suddenly you realize that prick teacher who did not care about anything but you performing well in exam , who did not care about your various excuses about not performing in tests or homework was certainly best thing in school.

Liberals are the same type who like that first teacher , always bringing up new ideas and being overly sensitive BUT never going to the straight point because they dont have balls to DO something. okthxbai xoxo

Actually, the best two teachers that I've ever had spent far more time discussing the ideas behind the subject (Physics) and essentially just making it interesting, than they spent preparing us for exams. We weren't told off if we didn't do the homework or anything like that either.

Four people in my class (of just over 20 people) are now studying Physics (or Natural Sciences with the emphasis on physics) at Oxbridge.

I we could say then that the Liberals are the teachers that get the best result, provided that they're not dealing with idiots.

Or perhaps, this is just a poor extension of an even poorer initial analogy.

(Though on the topic, I think inspiring people in the subject is a far better teaching method than just coaching pupils for exams.)
Complex Simplicity

He compares liberals to teachers who sacrifice what is needed for what is desired; leading to initial acclamation followed by subsequent antipathy when the consequences of such ill focussed teaching set in during exam period hence woolly haired liberalism.

Personally, I think the OP needs to differentiate between the different strains within liberalism and indeed libertarianism but that may be perhaps beyond the scope of classroom analogies.

Too bad i`m not as good in English as you, you made everything so clear and detailed. Yeah thats what i think!
Reply 34
Fynch101
You don't want to get involved with an argument because you have nothing to say. The party does not need your kind, please go away.

What do you think a liberal ideology is?

Because I would say that not agreeing with their ideology probably means you think the following:

Homosexuality should be illegal
The death penalty should be reinstated
There should be a flat rate of tax rather than a progressive rate
All drugs other than alcohol should be illegal

prove me wrong?

I agree with the bold statements. I don't think Homosexuality should be illegal. I believe that the liberal ideology is too soft on the justice system, and I think they're too ready to give out benefits to those who don't really need it. I've explained this a lot on TSR already lol. Sorry if you disagree, just my personal view.
Reply 35
OpenMindedRepublic
you know the type most mediocre students LOVE , but come exam time you realize you did indeed liked the ideas , but never really understood that ideas alone dont work. And suddenly you realize that prick teacher who did not care about anything but you performing well in exam , who did not care about your various excuses about not performing in tests or homework was certainly best thing in school.

Liberals are the same type who like that first teacher , always bringing up new ideas and being overly sensitive BUT never going to the straight point because they dont have balls to DO something. okthxbai xoxo

Or they don't have the mandate perhaps?
Reply 36
Complex Simplicity

So he's saying "learn what is needed instead of attempting to inflame one's imagination and desire for education?"

A good teacher would do both adequately tbh.
Reply 37
drukarale
Actually, the best two teachers that I've ever had spent far more time discussing the ideas behind the subject (Physics) and essentially just making it interesting, than they spent preparing us for exams. We weren't told off if we didn't do the homework or anything like that either.

Four people in my class (of just over 20 people) are now studying Physics (or Natural Sciences with the emphasis on physics) at Oxbridge.

I we could say then that the Liberals are the teachers that get the best result, provided that they're not dealing with idiots.

Or perhaps, this is just a poor extension of an even poorer initial analogy.

(Though on the topic, I think inspiring people in the subject is a far better teaching method than just coaching pupils for exams.)

Sounds like an awesome teacher. I wish my maths and science teachers were like this. I'm having to re-learn much of it now thanks in part to their teaching methods.
Classical liberalism is teh pwn.
Reply 39
Mann18
Explain:
-Why Jack Wills is worth the money
-Why the tax system is unfair

Jack Wills:
The clothes are amazing quality, the details are perfect (on stripey garments, they match the stripes on all the pieces of clothing!), they're well made, and the clothes look good (in my opinion). Also, I don't think they're particularly expensive.

Tax System
Why should the highger earners pay a higher percentage? It's punishing success, basically. I could go into more detail but I really cba. PM me if you want I guess.

Latest

Trending

Trending