The Student Room Group

Harris Wesminster sixth form transfers

so basically i emailed harris wesminster in may asking them if i had a chance of being accepted if i applied late and they responded back telling me to apply during gcse results day so i did that but then i realised it was the 2024 applications so now im not even on the waiting list... i asked them when theyre going to enrol new students on the waiting list and they said they were still deciding... how likely am i to get accepted?
i also have decent grades, 988888876
Reply 1
Original post by sss.1
so basically i emailed harris wesminster in may asking them if i had a chance of being accepted if i applied late and they responded back telling me to apply during gcse results day so i did that but then i realised it was the 2024 applications so now im not even on the waiting list... i asked them when theyre going to enrol new students on the waiting list and they said they were still deciding... how likely am i to get accepted?
i also have decent grades, 988888876

try calling them and explaining what happened and try to enrol.
maybe look for another sixth form?
Reply 2
Original post by QueenOla
try calling them and explaining what happened and try to enrol.
maybe look for another sixth form?

i’ve tried but they’ve said they’re still figuring what to do about transferring and sorting things out
other sixth forms are either trash or too far so i’m basically stuck at my current sixth form 🥲
Reply 3
Have you tried City of Westminister College?

Try calling them to know if you will be offered a place or not
Reply 4
Hi! Fully graduated HWSF student here.

The receptionists tend to be nice and understanding! Make a call as soon as you can (lunch time around 13:00-14:00 should be amazing!)

There have been cases of latecomers. And I think there was a miscommunication in that I think they meant you should come and enrol in person on results day, because I have plenty of friends who did the same.

Hope you don’t give up!
Reply 5
the problem is my mum wouldn’t let me go to a college and i don’t think i’d like to go to one either…
Original post by QueenOla
Have you tried City of Westminister College?

Try calling them to know if you will be offered a place or not
Reply 6
Original post by Bushel

The receptionists tend to be nice and understanding! Make a call as soon as you can (lunch time around 13:00-14:00 should be amazing!)

There have been cases of latecomers. And I think there was a miscommunication in that I think they meant you should come and enrol in person on results day, because I have plenty of friends who did the same.

Hope you don’t give up!

thank you so much i was just thinking that i had like 0% chance of being accepted 🥲🥲
i’ll tell my mum to ring them up then!
the problem is i was abroad so i wouldn’t have been able to apply anyway
on another note, could you tell me how your experience was at HWSF??
Reply 7
Original post by srss.1
thank you so much i was just thinking that i had like 0% chance of being accepted 🥲🥲
i’ll tell my mum to ring them up then!
the problem is i was abroad so i wouldn’t have been able to apply anyway
on another note, could you tell me how your experience was at HWSF??

I can’t lie, it’s going to be totally different from yours because each year group is so different and even the teachers are going to be different due to a lot of changes (even the schedule!)

My experience though, mixed bag. I lost a lot of confidence in HWSF, through no one’s fault but my fixed mindset. I had to pray a lot to learn to stop comparing myself to others, particularly when their intelligence was just being thrown at me. I was so used to being at the top of the class and HWSF has people who will really humble you.

But it was very academically nourishing. I found that I liked certain things, like.. I don’t hate reading, and I disliked certain things (no way I would ever mess with a motherboard.) Was there sometimes too much? Yes. Did I cry in the toilets? More than I can count. But once you leave you find that a lot of the bombardements was sometimes for your own good (not all though.) I grew amazing rapports with my teachers and learnt to appreciate many of them. Then again some have left.. but when I was there, all of them were MORE THAN QUALIFIED (but I was predominantly on floor 5 so i don’t know for every department..)

Socially, well.. I had an amazing time, but not everyone did. I didn’t have my ideal time at secondary school but I met people who I never would’ve met if it wasn’t for HWSF. I went to mixed schools my whole life but the boys who may have made me feel awful in secondary school were not here in HWSF, same with the girls too. There may be some bad apples but majority good.

Once smaller thing... very socially liberal school. Just a thought.. but there are some non liberal students.. you’ll find your crowd surely.

if you have any more specifics, send a private message, I might get back to you!
Reply 8
Original post by Bushel
I can’t lie, it’s going to be totally different from yours because each year group is so different and even the teachers are going to be different due to a lot of changes (even the schedule!)

My experience though, mixed bag. I lost a lot of confidence in HWSF, through no one’s fault but my fixed mindset. I had to pray a lot to learn to stop comparing myself to others, particularly when their intelligence was just being thrown at me. I was so used to being at the top of the class and HWSF has people who will really humble you.

But it was very academically nourishing. I found that I liked certain things, like.. I don’t hate reading, and I disliked certain things (no way I would ever mess with a motherboard.) Was there sometimes too much? Yes. Did I cry in the toilets? More than I can count. But once you leave you find that a lot of the bombardements was sometimes for your own good (not all though.) I grew amazing rapports with my teachers and learnt to appreciate many of them. Then again some have left.. but when I was there, all of them were MORE THAN QUALIFIED (but I was predominantly on floor 5 so i don’t know for every department..)

Socially, well.. I had an amazing time, but not everyone did. I didn’t have my ideal time at secondary school but I met people who I never would’ve met if it wasn’t for HWSF. I went to mixed schools my whole life but the boys who may have made me feel awful in secondary school were not here in HWSF, same with the girls too. There may be some bad apples but majority good.

Once smaller thing... very socially liberal school. Just a thought.. but there are some non liberal students.. you’ll find your crowd surely.

if you have any more specifics, send a private message, I might get back to you!

thank you so much for the insight
i have heard several times that there is a lot of pressure at HWSF, which is definitely off putting to me
what did you end up getting for your a-levels?
Reply 9
Original post by Bushel
Hope you don’t give up!

What can you expect after you accept an offer? Do they give you any information before enrollment day? and when is enrollment day even? Thx for any info.
Reply 10
Original post by aichen
What can you expect after you accept an offer? Do they give you any information before enrollment day? and when is enrollment day even? Thx for any info.

I remember when I had applied and got in, and back then I think they loved suspense, (a bit like UCAS,) so I got radio silence.
Enrolment day tends to be A-Level results day, that is when I went in. I brought my certificate (ok it was a photo because it was COVID back then), met teachers to make final decisions on A-Level choices and got my photo done for my lanyard.

Hope this helps!
Reply 11
Original post by Bushel
I remember when I had applied and got in, and back then I think they loved suspense, (a bit like UCAS,) so I got radio silence.
Enrolment day tends to be A-Level results day, that is when I went in. I brought my certificate (ok it was a photo because it was COVID back then), met teachers to make final decisions on A-Level choices and got my photo done for my lanyard.
Hope this helps!

Thanks! That's about what Im expecting then lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending