The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by Jack10846
Did subjects I detested last year, still got an AS out of it, should I declare it? Will people ask questions?
Read the first post again. Whether you detested the subject or not, if you have the qualification you must declare it. It would be unwise to give any uni a loophole through which they can tip you out if they are over-subscribed on Results Day. Just saying....
Reply 381
So if i got a U in critical thinking i wouldnt have to declare it?
Reply 382
Original post by donzy
So if i got a U in critical thinking i wouldnt have to declare it?
Not unless you were planning to resit it.
Reply 383
Original post by Minerva

Hey, I just wanted to ask, i re-done my whole AS year again and im wondering because it wasn't a complete a level, does this still contribute to UCAS points ?
Original post by QStah
Hey, I just wanted to ask, i re-done my whole AS year again and im wondering because it wasn't a complete a level, does this still contribute to UCAS points ?

The fact of re-taking is irrelevant. AS qualifications do count for UCAS tariff points - at half the level of a full A level.
Reply 385
Original post by Good bloke
The fact of re-taking is irrelevant. AS qualifications do count for UCAS tariff points - at half the level of a full A level.

Oh okay .. Thank you :smile:
Reply 386
Hi,
I've just got a quick question,
I'm currently in year 12, and I was wondering, I am doing AS further maths, over two years, as this is in addition to my normal AS levels, and to gain the AS level I need three modules (I'm doing FP1, FP2 and M2). However I am only doing FP1 this year, and am doing FP2 and M2 next year, so when I begin my UCAS application later this year, would my AS further maths grade be put down as pending, as I only have 1 of the 3 modules needed to complete my AS levels?

Thanks.
Original post by hindia94
would my AS further maths grade be put down as pending, as I only have 1 of the 3 modules needed to complete my AS levels?

Thanks.

Of course.
Reply 388

Quick question...I took chemistry at AS and got a C overall. My School sends a form round asking what subjects we did at AS so they can 'cash them out'. I didn't want my grade in chemistry (I have another AS which is an A) so I didn't tick it. Does this effectively mean I haven't taken the qualification and don't need to mention it ever again? :smile:

Thanks.
Original post by hwalker37
Does this effectively mean I haven't taken the qualification and don't need to mention it ever again? :smile:

Thanks.

No. It means you are a liar who will be looking over his shoulder and hoping his school doesn't remember for the next year or two. My guess is that your school is highly likely to certificate anyway, no matter what you want.
Reply 390
No. It means you are a liar who will be looking over his shoulder and hoping his school doesn't remember for the next year or two. My guess is that your school is highly likely to certificate anyway, no matter what you want.

Ooh...Didn't think it was a bad thing to do...It was more of a 'I don't really need or want it for anything' decision...I spoke to my form tutor as well and they said if I was sure I didn't need it then it should be ok, I guess not :s-smilie: I don't mind having it, I have an exam tomorrow so will speak to the exams officer about it.

I'm basically unjustly holding back academic information about myself aren't I? Should have really thought about it more:frown:
Reply 391
Of course.

Thanks.
So just so I can get my head around it, they will see that I have taken FP1 (I am not going to put individual module grades down), but they won't see what I have got?
Original post by hindia94
Thanks.
So just so I can get my head around it, they will see that I have taken FP1 (I am not going to put individual module grades down), but they won't see what I have got?

You can tell them module grades if you wish.
So even if you leave exams/qualifications un-cashed... you still have to declare?
Reply 394
Original post by Brand New Eyes
So even if you leave exams/qualifications un-cashed... you still have to declare?
Very few people will be able to leave qualifications uncashed, as schools and colleges are being actively discouraged from delaying certification. If an overall result isn't recorded when expected, it's counted as a fail for success statistics purposes, and this can affect funding.
Original post by Minerva
Very few people will be able to leave qualifications uncashed, as schools and colleges are being actively discouraged from delaying certification. If an overall result isn't recorded when expected, it's counted as a fail for success statistics purposes, and this can affect funding.

Doesn't actually answer my question.

Is that a yes, un-cashed qualifications do not have to be entered onto ucas?
Reply 396
Original post by Brand New Eyes
Doesn't actually answer my question.

Is that a yes, un-cashed qualifications do not have to be entered onto ucas?
If you'd read the first post in this thread carefully, you would have seen that uncashed qualifications get entered as 'pending'. The point I was making is that - in future - very few people will be in that position.
Reply 397
Do you have to enter exams which you will only take depending on if you get the offer? E.g STEP/AEA etc.
Reply 398
hey i just 1quick question to ask you and I really really hope someone can answer as its worrying me SO F***ing MUCH!!:frown::frown::frown:

Here’s ma situation :

So basically today I just finished off my last exam yesterday which was FP1. I did 3sciences and maths with my school. But i also decided to do Further Maths outside of school, i.e. as a private candidate sitting an exam in a different centre. After doing the FP1 exam yesterday and looking at the model answer that was put up by Arsey , I know i pretty much failed it, got lyk a low B/high C..... As i have failed this module, I am NOT going to carry on with further maths next year.

SO my big question is, do I still have to declare on my UCAS that I did the FP1 module. I mean I have been researching this up for the last 3hours or so, and everywhere I go, they all tell me same stuff which is that i HAVE TO declare whatever my AS GRADE was on to my UCAS but it doesn’t say anything about just declaring 1module of a subject which I will never goona complete.

So can anyone tell if I still have to declare on my UCAS that I did the FP1 exam (even though I will never complete the whole of AS F.maths )

PS : this is my first post, plz be nice :biggrin:
Reply 399
Original post by lily13
hey i just 1quick question to ask you and I really really hope someone can answer as its worrying me SO F***ing MUCH!!:frown::frown::frown:

Here’s ma situation :

So basically today I just finished off my last exam yesterday which was FP1. I did 3sciences and maths with my school. But i also decided to do Further Maths outside of school, i.e. as a private candidate sitting an exam in a different centre. After doing the FP1 exam yesterday and looking at the model answer that was put up by Arsey , I know i pretty much failed it, got lyk a low B/high C..... As i have failed this module, I am NOT going to carry on with further maths next year.

SO my big question is, do I still have to declare on my UCAS that I did the FP1 module. I mean I have been researching this up for the last 3hours or so, and everywhere I go, they all tell me same stuff which is that i HAVE TO declare whatever my AS GRADE was on to my UCAS but it doesn’t say anything about just declaring 1module of a subject which I will never goona complete.

So can anyone tell if I still have to declare on my UCAS that I did the FP1 exam (even though I will never complete the whole of AS F.maths )

PS : this is my first post, plz be nice :biggrin:

Although I cannot say 100% I am confident that you do not have to declare it. If you look at it as an AS you have got a U whatever mark you get which means no qualification to declare. You can't 'cash' one module out so I think it is very, very unlikely that it needs to be declared.

Minerva or the like will be able to fully clarify for you, the moderators on here are the bees knees at this stuff! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending