The Student Room Group

Official: University of Cardiff A100 Applicant and Offer Holder thread 2023 Entry

Welcome to the University of Cardiff A100 2023 Entry Discussion.

For general information click:
https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/2021/medicine-mbbch

For entry requirements click on the link above

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, mention or advertise group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hey i have a q while applying as an graduate with 2.1 or 1.1 cardiffs a levels are ABC. does it matter what is what cause I have c in chem b in bio and a in maths
Reply 2
Hello,
I have 27/27 in GCSE and quite good volunteering activities for PS. But my UCAT score is a bit low 2460 :frown:. My predicted grades are 3A*. I am from Northern Ireland and my area is Polar4 Quintile1. Don't know whether Cardiff uni takes into account Polar4 information from Northern Ireland as well. Is there a chance to get into Cardiff for 2023?
Thanks
Reply 3
Original post by amaprns
Hello,
I have 27/27 in GCSE and quite good volunteering activities for PS. But my UCAT score is a bit low 2460 :frown:. My predicted grades are 3A*. I am from Northern Ireland and my area is Polar4 Quintile1. Don't know whether Cardiff uni takes into account Polar4 information from Northern Ireland as well. Is there a chance to get into Cardiff for 2023?
Thanks

If you look back at last years thread you will see there are people offered interviews with scores in the 2400’s but not sure if they had achieved A level grades/ were from Wales etc etc. No telling what will happen this year re:h: cut offs etc etc. Have a look at the thread and use it to inform your decision. Good luck!
Reply 4
Original post by Llyr123
If you look back at last years thread you will see there are people offered interviews with scores in the 2400’s but not sure if they had achieved A level grades/ were from Wales etc etc. No telling what will happen this year re:h: cut offs etc etc. Have a look at the thread and use it to inform your decision. Good luck!

Hi,
I would like to apply A100 at Cardiff. My stats are GCSE 999998888 7(Cambridge Test) 6 (Foundation French). (27 points) A level predictions A* Biology, A Chemistry, A* Psychology. UCAT 2670 B2. PS- 3 weeks clinical work shadowing and assisting at the podiatric clinic, 3 months elderly caring service at the community, community voluntary works 4 weeks at the food banks, issuing foods and Vitamin D tablets to 65+. What are my chances for an interview and offer? Contextual: My dad went to the university, no benefits but studies Polar 4 state school and Quintile 4. Please assist
hi there,

do u need to have all 9 GCSE'S or does it matter as long as you have 27/27
Hello everyone, :smile:

As you may have noticed, this thread owner is @TSR George - an account used by TSR for several purposes including as a placeholder when a thread owner wishes to delete their account.

If you would like to be the new first post in this thread - you can!
To do this, please tag @04MR17 or @StrawberryDreams in this thread and ask for the OP to be changed to you.
Please do this if you would like to add additional resources into the OP and intend to stay around on the forums during the application cycle.

The owner of a thread will only be changed once - except if an OP deletes their account.

Please allow 48 hours for your request to be seen and actioned. This message will be posted into each of the 2023 applicants threads currently owned by TSR George.

Thanks all,

MR
Original post by s.sivakumar
Hi,
I would like to apply A100 at Cardiff. My stats are GCSE 999998888 7(Cambridge Test) 6 (Foundation French). (27 points) A level predictions A* Biology, A Chemistry, A* Psychology. UCAT 2670 B2. PS- 3 weeks clinical work shadowing and assisting at the podiatric clinic, 3 months elderly caring service at the community, community voluntary works 4 weeks at the food banks, issuing foods and Vitamin D tablets to 65+. What are my chances for an interview and offer? Contextual: My dad went to the university, no benefits but studies Polar 4 state school and Quintile 4. Please assist

I wouldn't recommend as cardiff have their selection procedure under review and aren't transparent with how they select for interview. They priortise welsh applicants.
Original post by totoro12345
hi there,

do u need to have all 9 GCSE'S or does it matter as long as you have 27/27

People with all 9s at gcse have been rejected from cardiff pre-interview so yh you need more than perfect stats.
Hi I am also confused on the points system for A100. I am a graduate in anatomy and human biology and I am wondering if as a graduate you automatically receive 27 points (for a 2:1) or that you must reach over 27 points to be considered when you are a graduate? My qualifications are:GCSEs: 2 A*, 7 A (20 points)A Level: BBBDegree: 2:1
Reply 11
Would Cardiff be a good option? 999988887 GCSE, 2530 b3, A*A*A predicted, one WP flag, England, good amount of work experience and volunteering.
Original post by KingMD
Would Cardiff be a good option? 999988887 GCSE, 2530 b3, A*A*A predicted, one WP flag, England, good amount of work experience and volunteering.

Cardiff have rejected many, many people with full academic score in recent years, using UCAT and PS as a tiebreaker. You score 26. They are also reviewing their scoring with a rumour they may score 8s and 9s differently. They are leaving it a little late to let people know, if they have decided!
They are going to be hit by the massive GCSE grade inflation about this year, so it would make sense for them to score 8s and 9s differently. Last time they did this, cut off was 25, and your score would be 21/22 (think they scored 7s and 8s the same, but can't remember)
@GANFYD I have eight 9s and one 8 and a L2D* for GCSE. 2500 UCAT and A*AA predicted. Do I have a chance at cardiff?
If they scored 8s and 9s differently, would that be and advantage for welsh students, since we still use the letter grading system?
Original post by leoishush
@GANFYD I have eight 9s and one 8 and a L2D* for GCSE. 2500 UCAT and A*AA predicted. Do I have a chance at cardiff?

Who knows? As they refuse to release how they decide between all those with full academic score. They certainly reject lots of people every year with 27/27 on their scoring system
Original post by got99problems
If they scored 8s and 9s differently, would that be and advantage for welsh students, since we still use the letter grading system?

Yes, slightly, but currently English applicants are being advantaged, as not all 8s would be an A*
Original post by GANFYD
Yes, slightly, but currently English applicants are being advantaged, as not all 8s would be an A*

ah ok thanks. one last question, I am a welsh student and have 27/27 and my ucat is in the 8th decile, is it just a dumb decision to apply since people with perfect academics can be rejected? i would much prefer studying in wales if possible
Original post by got99problems
ah ok thanks. one last question, I am a welsh student and have 27/27 and my ucat is in the 8th decile, is it just a dumb decision to apply since people with perfect academics can be rejected? i would much prefer studying in wales if possible

It is not necessarily dumb, you just can’t assess your chances of interview and likely have lots of safer options.
As always, it depends how much you like Cardiff and how much risk you are prepared to take?
Has anyone with 2500 or less gotten into cardiff from England last year @GANFYD
Original post by GANFYD
It is not necessarily dumb, you just can’t assess your chances of interview and likely have lots of safer options.
As always, it depends how much you like Cardiff and how much risk you are prepared to take?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending