The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Good bloke
You seem to be confused between UMS marks and grades. There is no such thing as an UMS grade, and only module grades can be declared on the UCAS application. I don't see why you wouldn't declare them.

But, i can click the "other" option, on the application form, and put "120/120"; for example.
wouldn't that be a better option? so that they could see those few 100% that i scored?, instead of just "A"?
(edited 13 years ago)
aTlberT
But, i can click the "other" option, on the application form, and put "120/120"; for example.
wouldn't that be a better option? so that they could see those few 100% that i scored?, instead of just "A"?

:facepalm: That isn't what that option is for, but if you wish to demonstrate that you can't understand simple instructions or don't mind subverting a perfectly reasonable system for your own ends then go right ahead and do it. A more sensible option might be to get your referee to mention your 100% modules, as will everyone else.
Reply 42
Good bloke
:facepalm: That isn't what that option is for, but if you wish to demonstrate that you can't understand simple instructions or don't mind subverting a perfectly reasonable system for your own ends then go right ahead and do it. A more sensible option might be to get your referee to mention your 100% modules, as will everyone else.

Ok, to be fair, the "other" option for that specific section is not really explained anywhere in the UCAS website. So, thank you :smile: , i didn't know that that is not one of the things that can be entered in that field.

So, do you think it would be better if i quoted every module GRADE, (including Chemistry Unit4: B, Unit5: D; and Maths: FP1: B, S2: B) than if i didn't quote any of them? just the overall grades?
aTlberT
So, do you think it would be better if i quoted every module GRADE, (including Chemistry Unit4: B, Unit5: D; and Maths: FP1: B, S2: B) than if i didn't quote any of them? just the overall grades?

I've already answered that.
Reply 44
u didnt make it clear on entering GCSE grades... i got a G in Resistive Materical do i have to enter it?
hassom
i got a G in Resistive Materical do i have to enter it?

Yes.
Reply 46
matenhieu
Do you need to do anything special if you're getting a paper remarked? Set the module as pending? The entire AS as pending? Do nothing and have UCAS tell the universities if the grade changes later? (And in case it makes a difference my AS grades have been certificated).

I ask because I'm having a remark done and it may come back after I send my application off (Oxbridge deadline).

Thanks.
Put down what you have and send them an update if it changes. (You can send this type of information direct to the unis if you need to. You would also need to tell UCAS.)
At AS I got grades BDEU. I have left off my U grade on my UCAS application as instructed, and have put in my other 3 grades as they were cashed in by my school. I plan to re-sit one exam each in my D and E grade subjects. I added these subjects again as indicated in the OP. I put them as pending, and my question is What date do I put in the 'qualification date' section? + When is results for January exams (2011) also? I am also doing A2 in these 3 subjects along with my resits.
With re-sits, I don't quite understand. So say I want to do a re-sit in just Core 2 Maths, do I enter this twice (once with grade, once with pending) on my unit grades OR do I fill in AS maths and then open up another AS maths qual with just Core 2, pending?
Reply 49
daftndirekt
With re-sits, I don't quite understand. So say I want to do a re-sit in just Core 2 Maths, do I enter this twice (once with grade, once with pending) on my unit grades OR do I fill in AS maths and then open up another AS maths qual with just Core 2, pending?

From what I gather you enter two on the same subject under unit grade, one with your initial grade and another (your resit) saying 'pending'.
If someone were to be nice to confirm because I have a similar situation with History
CD005
From what I gather you enter two on the same subject under unit grade, one with your initial grade and another (your resit) saying 'pending'.
If someone were to be nice to confirm because I have a similar situation with History

See I tried that but it wouldn't let me repeat the unit title?
Reply 51
Also, do you list all your AS grades under 'GCE Advanced Subsidiary (first award 2001)' or would you just list any AS levels you got that you did't continue over to the 2nd year

I'm doing four subjects still so in my case would I just leave this section blank or would I enter all my AS grades i got?
--------------------------------------------------------------------
(This next question is only applicable subject to above answer...) if we do have to enter all our AS's under the 'GCE Advanced Subsidiary (first award 2001)' section would we still list the units we did at AS level in our 'GCE Advanced Level' or what that be solely second year units/modules?

Reply 52
daftndirekt
See I tried that but it wouldn't let me repeat the unit title?

I'm gonna get my head to check it tomorrow, if there is no reply here then i'll let you know
(edited 13 years ago)
Hi thanks for the help in the OP, but I've got one quick question. My school does NOT cash in results, so on my UCAS form, do I just select the subjects and enter "pending" for the overall grade? I'm worried because when I select "pending", I get the warning message "Grade is mandatory for completed examinations." Do I just ignore this, or should I enter something else?

Also, assuming I'm not declaring my grades, do I put pending under each of the separate modules, or do I not even need to add the names of each of the units?

Thanks in advance.
I am filling out my qualifications section today. I will put in all of my GCSEs as they should be, and same with AS (which I believe is Advanced Subsidiary). Some questions:

1) If I achieved 78/100, do I input that, or 78?
2) I did an AS in Further Maths with Edexcel, doing FP1, D1 and D2. What AS is this listed as?
3) How do I list my A2s, do I list them as pending?
4) How will universities know my predicted grades?
5) Where should I put references from work experience placements?

Please quote.
ViralRiver
I am filling out my qualifications section today. I will put in all of my GCSEs as they should be, and same with AS (which I believe is Advanced Subsidiary). Some questions:

1) If I achieved 78/100, do I input that, or 78? Neither; you put B. You don't declare UMS, you declare grades..
2) I did an AS in Further Maths with Edexcel, doing FP1, D1 and D2. What AS is this listed as? Er, further maths?
3) How do I list my A2s, do I list them as pending? Read the OP of this thread.
4) How will universities know my predicted grades? Your referee will tell them.
5) Where should I put references from work experience placements? In a file somewhere until you need them. You don't need them for applying to university.

Please quote.

Answers above.
(edited 13 years ago)
Further maths is listed as Further Maths, Further (Pure) Maths, and Further (Applied) Maths, so I am confused.
The OP only gives information on A2s if they are resits.
ViralRiver
Further maths is listed as Further Maths, Further (Pure) Maths, and Further (Applied) Maths, so I am confused.

You have studied D1 and D2 so use your deductive reasoning and decide whether you can reasonably call it pure maths (given you have taken two applied modules) or applied maths (given you have taken a pure module), or whether it should logically be called further maths.

Anything you have not yet taken is, rather obviously, pending. Surely? It is tricky to declare a grade when you haven't yet taken the exam.
Reply 59
I have a question if we leave the module results for a subject is it possible that our college may send them anyway?

Latest

Trending

Trending