The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

TX22
so to just confirm do i put my updated AS grade down and the recent date it was retook

I think I've answered this twice already. How much confirmation do you need?
Reply 81
nofish4u
and if you dont? what happens
When it is discovered, your application could be invalidated and any offers/place withdrawn.
Reply 82
I'm gonna be sitting STEP I next year in June so do I need to put it down as pending on my UCAS? I'm not applying to Cambridge and I doubt any of my other choices would require a certain grade in STEP as part of an offer should I get one.

Also I'll be sitting some exams in Jan 11 at one centre and the others in June at another centre. I've left school and I'm currently on a gap year so what centres do I add as attending part time? and what dates do I enter?
If I'm resitting a module and enter a predicted grade when my current grade isn't as good, am I still likely to get offers, or should I apply for uni's that match my AS as opposed to predicted grades?
Reply 84
handgrenadeheart
If I'm resitting a module and enter a predicted grade when my current grade isn't as good, am I still likely to get offers, or should I apply for uni's that match my AS as opposed to predicted grades?
But presumably the whole point of resitting is to improve on the grade! I would suggest that you go for a mix - see links in my sig.
Reply 85
i did my AS in june 2009 as my school taught the material in that year. i did the A2 (C3, C4, M2) in 2009 but did very badly. i want to do the 3 modules again but this time with S1 in stead of M2. I'm applying for medicine, so resits are not counted. is this counted as a resit if i sit for it in jan 2011?
Reply 86
My school says that I should probably enter June 2011 for my A2 exams that I havn't sat yet. But UCAS says, the month when those qualifications are certificated, which I'm guessing wont be until around September. Which date should I put?
For my GCE AS-levels (first award 2001), certificated June 2010, I have entered the overall grade and the titles for the constituent units but it is forcing me to enter unit grades. Do you have to put the unit grades as 'Pending'?
(edited 13 years ago)
sr90
Is it safe to leave these out?

Presuming they were above a U grade, no.
Hey.

I have took up an Extra AS Level this year - and studying 2 A2's at the same time.
So do UCAS assume I'm taking my two certificated AS Levels to A2? Or do I select A Level then the subjects then put as 'pending'? And how do I enter my new AS?

Plus in 2009 I attended a Skill Build course and got awards like Level 1 in Health and Safety in the Workplace, and a bunch of OCR qualifications - I don't know what type of OCR qualification I have (they're key skills) but on UCAS there's about 5 OCR options.

Help?
Reply 90
I'm an early applicant (BMAT) and so I know that my grades will be on the top of my reference.
I'm still awaiting a re-mark for the AS level that I have dropped (hasn't been cashed). Hopefully that B will go up to an A, but in the meantime, what should I do to declare it?

What qualification date should I put down?
Do I leave the modules blank and leave my overall grade as pending?
Reply 91
ActuallyRSE
Hey.

I have took up an Extra AS Level this year - and studying 2 A2's at the same time.
So do UCAS assume I'm taking my two certificated AS Levels to A2? No. Why should they? Or do I select A Level then the subjects then put as 'pending'? If you had read the OP properly you would know that this is what you need to do. And how do I enter my new AS? Same as the A levels - as a pending qualification.

Plus in 2009 I attended a Skill Build course and got awards like Level 1 in Health and Safety in the Workplace, and a bunch of OCR qualifications - I don't know what type of OCR qualification I have (they're key skills) but on UCAS there's about 5 OCR options.

Help?
How we are supposed to be able to work out which OCR qualifications you have, I don't know! Get the certificates out and check. Otherwise, ask the school or college for advice (and go and collect those certificates - you will need them for future reference).
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 92
I'm on a gap year, so I have completed A levels. I've entered the module grades for my A levels. However I also have 2 AS levels. The overall grades are ok, but the module grades themselves aren't that impressive. Would it be ok to not enter the module grades for these, even though I have done for my completed A levels?
My logic was that my AS levels aren’t that important because I have completed A levels, but do you have any idea how Universities would respond to this?
blap

My logic was that my AS levels aren’t that important because I have completed A levels, but do you have any idea how Universities would respond to this?

Well no, your logic, if you care to admit it, is that you hope that you'll serve your interests better by omitting grades you are embarrassed about - and that is fair enough. Be aware, though, that those who are proud of their module grades will be acting in their best interests and making sure that the information is available to the admissions tutors. A lack of consistency, however, invites the admissions tutor (if he cares about it) to wonder what you are hiding in one area that you aren't in another.
Reply 94
Good bloke
Well no, your logic, if you care to admit it, is that you hope that you'll serve your interests better by omitting grades you are embarrassed about - and that is fair enough. Be aware, though, that those who are proud of their module grades will be acting in their best interests and making sure that the information is available to the admissions tutors. A lack of consistency, however, invites the admissions tutor (if he cares about it) to wonder what you are hiding in one area that you aren't in another.

Thanks. I think I'll just add the module grades for my AS, and let whatever happens happen.
Hey I did 8 modules in Maths in June 2010 and will be doing 2 more in January 2011. After this, they will be cashed in and I will get two grades. 6 modules used for Maths A2 and 3 for Further Maths AS with one spare.

Do I put my qualification date as March 2011 on the UCAS form for these?
Deep456

Do I put my qualification date as March 2011 on the UCAS form for these?

That question is ansswered very clearly in the OP of this thread.
I apologise profusely if this has been answered already, but would like some clarification for my peace of mind.

While this hasn't sent me into panic mode, it has given me some slight cause for concern. I sent off my UCAS application today, but then realised that I'd put myself down for a January AS re-sit (grade pending) on the UCAS form that I needn't have done because the outcome won't change my AS grade, even though the best attempt will contribute to my A2 grade. Should I contact UCAS about this? Slightly worried that it could count as being the provision of inaccurate information.

(Just to clarify: I am still re-sitting the module, but it didn't need to be entered onto the UCAS form.)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 98
Introverted moron
I apologise profusely if this has been answered already, but would like some clarification for my peace of mind.

While this hasn't sent me into panic mode, it has given me some slight cause for concern. I sent off my UCAS application today, but then realised that I'd put myself down for a January AS re-sit (grade pending) on the UCAS form that I needn't have done because the outcome won't change my AS grade, even though the best attempt will contribute to my A2 grade. Should I contact UCAS about this? Slightly worried that it could count as being the provision of inaccurate information.

(Just to clarify: I am still re-sitting the module, but it didn't need to be entered onto the UCAS form.)
Interesting one - I assume you've already got an A? I think the best thing is to contact UCAS and ask (and report back here, if you wouldn't mind :smile: ).
Minerva
Interesting one - I assume you've already got an A? I think the best thing is to contact UCAS and ask (and report back here, if you wouldn't mind :smile: ).

Thanks for your response.

The overall grade was a B; initially, it was a C, but the grade went up after I sent the June paper off for a re-mark.

Latest

Trending

Trending