The Student Room Group

Psychology or Physics?

Currently doing psychology but thinking of dropping it for physics because of the workload and all this new 'stuff' which im struggling to learn because its a new subject which im not interested in because i don't need the subject. I won't need ether of these but i need a 4th AS.

In your opinion...

1) Which has the most workload?

2) Which has more to learn and the one i will have to spend more time revising for.

3) Which is the most difficult? I'm quite alright with maths

4) Which is most interesting and less boring?

5) I'm also taking bio,chem and maths. Which subject will go with these choices better considering the questions above.

Thankyou!
(edited 13 years ago)
Do physics.
Sorry one more

5) Which has more to learn and the one i will have to spend more time revising for.
Reply 3
If you're good at maths it's a piece of piss. Do itttt.
Reply 4
Physics! You get to spend hours determining the viscosity of honey at different temperatures, it's so fun. :smile:
If you are doing chem, bio and maths you should be fine with physics. It fits better too.
Reply 5
Physics, AS level physics for me was like glorified maths with the occasional bit of theory shoved in for me :smile: I loved it
Physics is amazing. The problem with Physics is as i found out when i started recently, its not the maths that you should worry about, as that is pretty much gcse stuff and putting numbers into correct formulas, its the concepts and apply your understand to a wide range of questions.

Anyway; if you are hard working: Physics any day of the week.
Reply 7
Physics - it's much more interesting, it fits in better with your other subjects and is more respected by universities or employers. If you're good at maths then it shouldn't be unduly hard.
Thanks(: Anymore advice anyone? Could anyone doing physics help me out?
Just do the work you are set, and you will manage fine.
Robpattinsonxxx
Currently doing psychology but thinking of dropping it for physics because of the workload and all this new 'stuff' which im struggling to learn because its a new subject which im not interested in because i don't need the subject. I won't need ether of these but i need a 4th AS.

In your opinion...

1) Which has the most workload?

2) Which has more to learn and the one i will have to spend more time revising for.

3) Which is the most difficult? I'm quite alright with maths

4) Which is most interesting and less boring?

5) I'm also taking bio,chem and maths. Which subject will go with these choices better considering the questions above.

Thankyou!

1) Physics

2) Physics

3) Physics

4) Completely subjective. Do you find calculating the resistance of a circuit interesting?

5) Physics
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 11
As long as you enjoy Physics then take it.
FynnAB
As long as you enjoy Physics then take it.

Your taking both physics and psychology. Can you answer the questions in my first post please because I think you'll be really helpful here :smile: Thanks
Reply 13
I'm actually dropping physics, but i'll try and answer as best as i can anyway :smile:

1) Physics, as you'll probably have to do more work to help with the understanding

2) Physics has more difficult concepts to learn. Obviously there is a lot to learn in Psychology as well, but it's pretty straightforward especially compared to physics

3) Definitely physics, but if you enjoy it then it shouldn't matter

4) This is pretty subjective, but since you're already taking bio, chem and maths I'd guess that you'd find physics interesting

5) it depends on what you mean when you say 'better'; you might find physics is too much on top of your other subjects. You can't get a more respected subject to go with them than physics or further maths, is that what you're looking for? are you looking for something with a bit of a lighter workload? something simply more interesting?
Thanks for that. I'm still really struggling on which one I should take. I'm also taking bio,chem and maths but im worried psychology is going to take up most of my time learning case studies/research and facts where as physics is learning a few facts and doing basically maths questions right? Is the step up from GCSE to AS for physics hard? I got an A in physics at GCSE but the last paper i did which was slightly into A level physics (triple science) i only got a C!! Am I going to struggle with physics or will I do better because I will have more time for it (less subjects). How many equations do you have to learn for physics? Is it quite hard in a physics exam to remember this equation and fit the numbers into it? However ill probably prefer this to learning all that psychology. I've had this dilemma for a week now and I keep leaning both ways on this. any more advise for me anyone? xx
FynnAB
I'm actually dropping physics, but i'll try and answer as best as i can anyway :smile:

1) Physics, as you'll probably have to do more work to help with the understanding

2) Physics has more difficult concepts to learn. Obviously there is a lot to learn in Psychology as well, but it's pretty straightforward especially compared to physics

3) Definitely physics, but if you enjoy it then it shouldn't matter

4) This is pretty subjective, but since you're already taking bio, chem and maths I'd guess that you'd find physics interesting

5) it depends on what you mean when you say 'better'; you might find physics is too much on top of your other subjects. You can't get a more respected subject to go with them than physics or further maths, is that what you're looking for? are you looking for something with a bit of a lighter workload? something simply more interesting?

I thought that physics was a lighter workload than psychology (e.g. no essays, less new stuff to learn) but im aware i need to step up in it and improve my maths. Considering this, is it worth the change or is physics really hard? I hate writing essays, i struggle with english and I don't really want to remember so much stuff on top of my other subjects.

Latest