The Student Room Group

BSMS Medical Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by a moist feeling

:rofl: I almost did that, but I did question the admissions officers being inconsistent :tongue:

If anyone is interested the interview cut-off this year is 25.5 :biggrin:

I can't imagine what the response would be lol

How do they grade your application? I think i should know this :/
Reply 781
:rofl: I almost did that, but I did question the admissions officers being inconsistent :tongue:

If anyone is interested the interview cut-off this year is 25.5 :biggrin:

How'd you figure out your score, you drop them an email or call them?
Original post by DrWannabe
I can't imagine what the response would be lol

How do they grade your application? I think i should know this :/

I dunno they may just give me an offer without interview :tongue:

I think 15 for academics, 15 for non-academics, but I have asked for more in-depth feedback as to how much they scored me for each and how they came to these scores for each! :biggrin:
Original post by Tetanus
How'd you figure out your score, you drop them an email or call them?

E-mail :biggrin:
just been rejected via track...
:frown:

:cry2:

Original post by thewiseone

Unlucky and from my experience don't let it get you down for long if you have other options hopefully and if u got jan exams focus on those i hope you have better luck with the rest of your application
Original post by Neomaster121
Unlucky and from my experience don't let it get you down for long if you have other options hopefully and if u got jan exams focus on those i hope you have better luck with the rest of your application

thank you for the kind words.

Reply 787

Oh no, so sorry to hear :/

Rejected at 5.30? You really just can't tell with BSMS. They are so unpredictable.
Reply 788
I just got my feedback from BSMS and apparently managed to score less than last year.

To put it into perspective, I had nothing last year when I applied, i.e. no W/E, lower predicted grades than I have achieved, lower UKCAT, less voluntary, and didn't work as an HCA.

Clearly taking a gap year has made Brighton think my application is worse somehow :confused:

I thus questioned their admissions system :biggrin:

you scored lower?? what! go you lol im starting to lose faith in it
[email protected]
That's where you need to email
Got my feedback today
Did better than average.
I reckon my non academic let me down.
My GCSE's are diabolical.
Reply 790
Original post by joemullally

[email protected]
That's where you need to email
Got my feedback today
Did better than average.
I reckon my non academic let me down.
My GCSE's are diabolical.

What was your feedback, was it good feedback? Or some generic response?
I got an interview in February however I'm in Cambodia for 9months because- its my gap year after Alevels. I can't fly back for an interview, I'm pretty bummed out tbh :frown:

However BSMS said they will put me at the top of their reserve list for late interviews. So that's gotta be a good thing right?

Btw, I got a terrible UKCAT (602) I'm so shocked they'd want to interview me!
Original post by Aspiring Doctor
I got an interview in February however I'm in Cambodia for 9months because- its my gap year after Alevels. I can't fly back for an interview, I'm pretty bummed out tbh :frown:

However BSMS said they will put me at the top of their reserve list for late interviews. So that's gotta be a good thing right?

Btw, I got a terrible UKCAT (602) I'm so shocked they'd want to interview me!

when did you find out and how like email/phone?
Original post by DrWannabe
What was your feedback, was it good feedback? Or some generic response?

The feedback was good
They gave me the scores i'd had of both assesors.
Explained why my application was considered a strong one.
e.g. the average A level applicant scores 21-22. Interview cut of was 25.5 and i scored more than average but less than 25.5 so was rejected.
They also told me what i could do for next year. But that was kind of what i was planning anyway.
They were really friendly in their email aswell.
So the feeback was good. And i'm almost certain it's my poor GCSE's that let me down.
But i did have to teach myself how to write again after i had a rugby accident when i was 13-14 which affected my GCSE's.
I get much better support at my college now I have left school and my academic achievement has soared because of it tbf. I think i'll have a much better chance as a re-applicant.
The feedback was good
They gave me the scores i'd had of both assesors.
Explained why my application was considered a strong one.
e.g. the average A level applicant scores 21-22. Interview cut of was 25.5 and i scored more than average but less than 25.5 so was rejected.
They also told me what i could do for next year. But that was kind of what i was planning anyway.
They were really friendly in their email aswell.
So the feeback was good. And i'm almost certain it's my poor GCSE's that let me down.
But i did have to teach myself how to write again after i had a rugby accident when i was 13-14 which affected my GCSE's.
I get much better support at my college now I have left school and my academic achievement has soared because of it tbf. I think i'll have a much better chance as a re-applicant.

Sorry you got rejected and hope you do better as a reapplicant if that is what you decide. The feedback is very interesting - did they say how they score the academics/GCSEs to arrive at a final figure? Desperate to know as I've still not heard a thing from them and hopes are fading fast by the day!
Just wanted to ask whether BSMS have already started interviewing graduates? really worried
Original post by sarahbeara0779
when did you find out and how like email/phone?

Email
Original post by Aspiring Doctor
Email

Well done on actually getting an invite though :smile: When did you find out, if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 798
Original post by WaterHorizon
Sorry you got rejected and hope you do better as a reapplicant if that is what you decide. The feedback is very interesting - did they say how they score the academics/GCSEs to arrive at a final figure? Desperate to know as I've still not heard a thing from them and hopes are fading fast by the day!

I got an interview with GCSEs which would be considered diabolical by some med applicants.. They aren't that bad though :rolleyes:
(5A, 4B 2C) and my UKCAT isn't the bees knees either (665) so god knows how it works...
:biggrin:

Probably wasn't your GCSE's to be honest. I have 9 A*'s and still got rejected. Brighton are very strange with their admissions process and it is quite hard to understand what they want.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending