The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

exactly, why do you have a car if you can't pay for the insurance? and anyway, theres no way you can take it to uni with you, unless you have somewhere to store it, I wouldn't be surprised if a car park permit at university was close to £100 a month :s-smilie:
Reply 21
Trefusis1234445
You clearly cannot afford a car comfortably and without making large sacrifices.
As such, you should forget buying a car at this point in your life and just move on. There are thousands of people in exactly this situation (myself being one of them) - you don't need a car. Buy one when your older.

In terms of constructive criticism. Try working on your attitude, it's frankly disgusting.

well firstly i supposed i realised i wouldn't be able to afford my own transport but i guess i was looking for other people to agree with me that it sucks. secondly though i think rather than talking about my attitude (which in future i will attempt to whine less and remember how apathetic the world is) i think you should analyse yourself more closely.
your own attitude is clearly not without fault.
Reply 22
CharlieTH
exactly, why do you have a car if you can't pay for the insurance? and anyway, theres no way you can take it to uni with you, unless you have somewhere to store it, I wouldn't be surprised if a car park permit at university was close to £100 a month :s-smilie:

bought it off my sister like she bought it off hers. we just pass it around the family until it either breaks completely or we go to uni. it's more to learn and get around before we go than for long term.
ah ok :/ sorry mate. :L :colondollar:
Reply 24
CharlieTH
ah ok :/ sorry mate. :L :colondollar:

hey don't worry i think i have pretty much come across as a prat on this thread anyway.

sorry guys for moaning. just had to vent you know.
Drunk Punx
Get a job.
Get some money.
Park on the road.
Do it the way everyone else has done it.
Stop bitching about life being "unfair".

If you're not in a financial position to get a car, then don't. It's not compulsory, and you have legs for a reason.

This. And busses for a reason:p:
giantlemon
1600pa is good. try looking at the best quotes which are 2500p.a. as for 1600p.a. cheaper than a taxi its not. work out how often you use the car. now imagine paying a taxi for every trip.

But then theres the argument of only using it because it was there. Im now at university, so don't have a car at the minute, and I find that I only take journeys that are necessary now, I always made pointless journeys in my car.
Reply 27
SacreBleu
But then theres the argument of only using it because it was there. Im now at university, so don't have a car at the minute, and I find that I only take journeys that are necessary now, I always made pointless journeys in my car.

yeah but its the freedom to make pointless journeys. to know that you can go out at twenty to three in the morning to buy pie from 24-hour sainsburys you know? the worlds youth needs their pie and this financial climate is restricting our pie capabilities. won't someboyd think about the pie.

Latest

Trending

Trending