The Student Room Group

Which universitys offer the best social life?HELP!*

Im going to do a business managment course, predicted ABB currently. But my GCSE maths at a C limits me a lot! Which means manchester, lancaster, edinburgh wont take me :frown:
Anyways, my current ideas are Leicester which seems to be the best for teaching business but im not sure how interesting the city is as im moving from newcastle, the ultimate uni city.
My other ideas are Sheffield, Heriot-Watt(In edinburgh), Dundee or Aberdeen and possibly Uni of East anglia.

PS- If your feeling extra helpful please leave some ideas of top business universities with great social life city's, which arnt wantingg GCSE maths at B, around BBB for entry?
Need some good backups

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I would doubt your suitability for going to University if a 'good social life' is at the top of your agenda.
Reply 2
If your priority is social make sure you stick to a City. Manchester Met or Leeds Met? Westminster?
Reply 3
Has to be a good uni, social life comes second. Not interesting in Met uni, Manchester and Leeds would be my first options but they want Maths B....
Reply 4
backups are Lincoln and stuff, which i hear is an alright city
Reply 5
Cardiff is epic in terms of social life, Bristol is pretty decent also.
Reply 6
Tip : resit.
Reply 7
Why don't you resit GCSE Maths this year at your college? Then you can apply to good city Universities.
Try LSE.
Reply 9
lol LSE, your joking.
And i cant resit, school wont allow me, I asked, apparently maths has changed, ah well ¬¬
Is there no way you could resit your GCSE maths? Maybe you should take a gap year and dedicate the year to getting a really good maths grade.
You shouldn't settle for second best- if you know that your A Level grades could get you somewhere much better than your GCSE maths grade allows, then why let it hold you back?
Plymouth is insaaaannee :smile:
Reply 12
Problem is, id rather take second best than a gap year, good unis hate that and will limit me far more than a average math GCSE ever could. And id fall behind friends and that...
Reply 13
Look into IMB at UCL; i don't know about the GCSE maths but ABB A level grades should be ok for you.
Reply 14
neverstandstill
Plymouth is insaaaannee :smile:

Insane as in terrible? If so I would agree.

Try a crap London uni if all you want is a good social life.
Reply 15
Dawson2010
Problem is, id rather take second best than a gap year, good unis hate that and will limit me far more than a average math GCSE ever could. And id fall behind friends and that...

if your worried about falling behind friends then you really gotta sort your priorities out lol. A lot of people have gap years and they are absolutely fine with getting into uni :wink:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 16
Newcastle has a amazing night life.
Reply 17
Dawson2010

no they dont? unless your idea of a gap year is sitting at home in your boxers playing runescape.
As you can't spell Universities I suggest that you revise your expectations of the level of University you hope to get into downward somewhat.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 19
hull nd newcastle both haver good night lifes and very active unions. other than that ive heard nottingham isv pretty decent.

Latest

Trending

Trending