The Student Room Group
Most people have jobs with A levels, as long as you don't do more than 12 hours a week it's easy.
Most students studying degrees have part time jobs. I think you'll manage.
I only ever did 1/2 days a week during A levels/uni term time, but it was enough to keep some money coming in and the experience has been invaluable.
Reply 3
Loads of people work part-time whilst studying.

Unless you plan on working several hours every night, then you should get a job :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
I work at Halfords 7 hours a week and I'm managing fine. As long as you keep your shift hours as ridiculously low as mine you should be fine!
gameworm1
I really want to get a job but I am doing my A Levels and they are just sooooo much work. I would love to get an income and get more work experience but I don't know whether I should. Really need advice plz. thanxz.:woo:

Go for a weekend job.

try once a week, since you will definitely need your saturday/sunday to revise/finish off some work/relax.

and yeah, of course, dont overdo the hours....

the money you may get doing the job wont be worth the bad grades you might get if you dont put enough hours into studying

if you feel that the job is taking over your study time, drop the job, its really not worth it.

but hey, its your decision after all :smile:
Reply 6
I'd say no, but it depends.

1. How many hours a week?
2. How far travelling?
3. Pay?
4. What unis are you going for?
5. How much time will you want to leave for work?

If you do get one, weekends ONLY is my advice...
Reply 7
My friend works in a supermarket on a till for 6 hours on a Saturday and 6 hours on a Sunday.
It's easy for her because she does all her work in frees, in the evenings during the week and when she gets home from work (as she finishes at 4).
However, I know another girl who works every evening during the week at a cafe and has absolutely no time for school work - she tries to do it all at school and is failing miserably.

It's possible if you choose the right hours.
Just work 8h on the saturday. Don't place too much prioty on the money i.e. picking it up to 12h-16h a week.

Latest