The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Psyk
I can't really see much of a difference. The difference is obvious when you're looking at those diagrams, but when it comes to photos of real people they don't look significantly different to me.

This is exactly what I think. It always annoys me when I see a certain celebrity labelled as 'pear' when they could quite easily be an 'hourglass', and vice versa.

Nevertheless, 'hourglass' is better in theory. :wink:
Reply 21
Original post by Colour Me Pretty
Nice try!

Can't blame a guy for trying
Reply 22
Original post by Retrospect
This is exactly what I think. It always annoys me when I see a certain celebrity labelled as 'pear' when they could quite easily be an 'hourglass', and vice versa.

Nevertheless, 'hourglass' is better in theory. :wink:

In those pictures of celebrities, it looks like it's more down to what they're wearing than their actual body shape. The "hourglass" ones are wearing things that make their boobs look bigger, that looks like the only reason they appear to be more "hourglass" than the "pear" ones.
from my own personal experience, I have found that most men prefer the hourglass shape for women as they are traditionally considered how a woman should look. The way i see it you can be pear shaped or hourglass and still look sexy and attractive.. its how you feel about yourself. For example i have what can be defined as an hourglass figure, i have large boobs and large hips but my waist is pretty small and my stomach is not wash board thin but it is fairly flat. I love my figure like this =D if i woke up one day and noticed my boobs had gone i honestly think i would cry. But i have another friend who is flat chested and has lovely womanly hips but she HATES hit. So i think it really depends how comfortable you are in your own body. You look more attractive if you feel confident with the shape you are.. then it doesn't really matter if others find you attractive or not
:biggrin:
im massively pear shaped :frown:
isn't a pear just the hourglass but without a top half?
Original post by SnoochToTheBooch
isn't a pear just the hourglass but without a top half?

Its like someone squeezed grabbed the torso and squeezed it down into the hips.
Reply 27
i dont see a difference
i think it just depends on the individual persons height and built and then how well they dress to suit their shape

Latest

Trending

Trending